cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help -> Newbie, How to implement synchronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to synchronize my PDA with the R/3 MM Backend system, i found this thread that explain how to retrieve data from SAP R/3:

Posted: Nov 20, 2006 3:55 PM in response to: venu gopal from karthick Lakkar.

Hi Venu,

Creation of Backend table in R/3 system:

1) Go to transaction se11 and give an appropriate name against database table(ex:ztest_123)

2) press create button, give short text ,delivery class>A(example only),Data browser/tableview maint>select 2 option

3) Save the table in local(as table name starts with 'Z')

4) Goto technical settings->fill data class with APPL0,SIZE CATEGORY-->0

5) Save it again

6) press F3 and go to fields tab and mention the fields name the data element and check atleast one fields as primary key and save it and activate it.(create test data to this table)

<b>Retriving data to client</b>

1) once the tables are created and we need to develop bapi wrappers(Atleast getlist)

2) design syncbo and generate it and replicate it.

3) Create MCD and download it

4) Create a new project by using this downloaded XML.

5) Generate war file and deploy application to ur client.

6)Sync the client and you can see the recxords from backend.

I can't understand the second part <b>Retriving data to client</b> I has questions like:

a) Should i created a ABAP program to retrieve the data?

b) How can i make the conexion between the Client JAVA / JSP / MDK application client that run in my PDA and the ABAP application that run on my R/3? I have a RFC conexion, SAP MOBILE Server <-> R/3 but no more.

For example:

R/3 -> Table Creation with SE11 transaction. (for example a car table with some attributes like Model, Driver Name).

MI Client -> Object Creation with the Persistence API (for example a car object with some properties like Model and Driver name).

Please can somebody give me some lights about this topic. I never program in ABAP before, but probably i should to do a program that search in the MM Tables, convert the data into XML. Pass this information to the MI Client Application And convert it again into objects and viceversa.

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

<<<I can't understand the second part Retriving data to client I has questions like:

a) Should i created a ABAP program to retrieve the data?

b) How can i make the conexion between the Client JAVA / JSP / MDK application client that run in my PDA and the ABAP application at run on my R/3? I have a RFC conection, SAP MOBILE Server <-> R/3 but no more.>>

A) I hope you are implementing Smart sync application?

Here we need to develop BAPI wrappers in the backend, which will take care of all the business requirements. (Getting the data to client)

This is the backend developers job to create the bapi wrappers in ABAP.

These Bapi wrappers have tables in it...Its a simple ABAP program.

Once these BAPI wrappers are created in backend........In middleware Syncbos are created and these bapi wrapper names are provided in the sytncbos using a RFC distination to the backend.

Once the syncbos are created , Metadata XML is downloaded and by using MDK we can create a WAR fiole and using NWA/Webconsole we can assign the application to client.

B) Connects between client/server/backend(r/3 system)

When we install the client we give the settings in the client mentioning which server to connect and in middleware syncbos have the RFC connection to backend.

When we synchronize to get the data to client thses BAPI wrappers in backend are executed by Syncbos in middleware.

Cheers,

Karthick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick

The following How-to-guide could prove useful in answereing your queires. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/800d524a-a287-2910-9597-99bd53cd...

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Thanks a lot for the tips, i will work on this information, i never program in ABAP before. it appears that more than programming i have to use de Bapi Wrappers functions.

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

Backend and middleware development can be performed by a ABAP developer particularly Backend development (tables creation,BAPIwrappers development) can be parformed by a ABAPer very comfortably.

Readymade BAPI wrappers can be used, it all depends on the application and its scenario.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

In general to develop simple Smart Sync Application it involves

1) Server and Bacakend Side Development

2) Client Side Development

Server and Backend side Development involves

-- Creation of BAPI Wrappers(Function Modules) in the Backend System

-- SyncBo's defined in Middleware(ABAP Stack)

ABAP Programming is required for each BAPI Wrapper. SyncBos need to be defined using the SyncBO Builder in the Middleware. It is also necessary to generate the Meta-data-XML using SyncBO Builder, which is used by the client application that accesses the SyncBOs defined.

Client-side Application Development involves

-- Development in JSP/AWT application in an archive file such as .WAR/.JAR file. Hence the

skill/Knowledge required for client side application would be JSP/AWT.

<< a) Should i created a ABAP program to retrieve the data? >>

Yes, ABAP Programming is required for BAPI Wrapper.

<< b) How can i make the conexion between the Client JAVA / JSP / MDK application client that run in my PDA and the ABAP application that run on my R/3? I have a RFC conexion, SAP MOBILE Server <-> R/3 but no more.

>>

The Connection between the Client application and WAS is done by giving the details in Settings Page of MI Client, i.e Port, Host, System and client. The connection between WAS and Backend is done through RFC.

Hope this helps to some extent

Best Regards,

Lakshmi