cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.7 IDES installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to install IDES 4.7. Installation is getting failed at "updating database statistics" steps. It failed with error code CJS-00288. Brconnect is not able to update database statistics. IDES brconnect is using version 7.00.

R3trans.log shows error ORA-1403, when accessing table SAPUSER. I checked oss note 400241 and all general steps for ops$SIDadm seem to be fine including the authorization for SAP<SID> and OPS$ user.

Here i'm trying to install IDES on Windows server 2003 with Oracle database. As per oss note 849483, i need to install oracle instant client if using brconnect version 7.00 with oracle 9.2.X.

Before applying oracle instant client, i would like to download brconnect version 6.00. I'm new on Windows environment. I'm not able to find out br* (DBA patches) from service.sap.com website for windows I386. there are pacthes for IA32 (windows server

on IA32). As per my understanding, IA32 is different then I386. Pls confirm it and suggest where to download the patches for I386 platform. and also i don't know weather i'm using 32 bit or 64 bit windows. Pls let me know how to confirm it..

Any solution for above mentioned problem would be appreciated..

Best Regards

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarjit,

IA-32 is still sometimes referred to as the "i386" architecture. check the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IA-32

Q. How to distinguish which bit (32/64) ?

Ans. if our OS is 32 bit version we shall have c:/windows/system32 and if our OS is 64 bit version we shall have c:/windows/system64.

Path for Brconnect -- Support Packages and Patches" Additional Components" SAP Kernel" SAP KERNEL 32-BIT" SAP KERNEL 6.40 32-BIT --> oracle

Thanks,

Tanuj