Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping look up's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have red on one of the weblogs like this:

with SP13, using Lookup API in XI, the Lookup functionality has changed and now its even simpler. The developer need not worry about to which application system is the lookup call being made.The Lookup API’s are generic in nature which allow u to perform a lookup independent of the system to which the call is being made. Another feature to be noted is, whenever a mapping program is executed on the Integration Server, the lookup API calls the required application system by using the central Adapter Engine.

My question is while we make look-ups we are configuring everything ourselves through UDF and are performing the following steps.

1. Construct your Query String.

2. Create the Communication channel.

3. Get a SystemAccessor for the channel.

4. Execute your Query and get the resultset.

5. Loop through the resultset and get the required value.

6. Close the System Accessor.

My query is what features this sp13 is providing ?? As I said before ourselves we are configuring everything from scratch right ?? That particular weblog claims now the lookup's are generic and uses central adapter engine. Could you please explain toolwise where we are invoking these features like generic loook up api and central adpater engine ?

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have a look at my article:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

it shows how to do RFC lookups but it's quite similar with DB and SOAP lookups

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

Thanks for your reply ! That article is quite useful for me ! But where I am missing is........ to implement look-ups ourselves we are coding entire thing through UDF and configuring the same. Even we can do this before SP13 also right ?? what is the speciality that sp13 has given to us to implement mapping look ups?? How we are invoking the same ?? Please correct me if I am wrong. I am relatively new and learning XI.

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basicaly is it like that before sp13 we can't create another communication channel to look up's ??

thanks

kumar

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Even we can do this before SP13 also right ??

no it's a relatively new feature it was not possible in the past

Regards,

michal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Michal's reply, prior to Sp 13, you ended up using JCO to do this . Read Sravya's this blog to see what JCO does.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

But, the issue with JCO was that you endedup providing the user id and password, client number, system details etc int he Code itself and this caused an issue in the fact that you end up hard coding the connectiivyt details.

With the look up API's you maintain a Comm Channel in the ID that does it and thereby this solves a dependcy on the environemt issue faced earlier.

Regards

Bhavesh