cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP : Loosing order confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem where I loose order confirmation for a line item with multiple schedule lines if I change one of the confirmed lines within the frozen period.

I understand GATP checks at item level. Then how to stop GATP not to check other schedule lines and check only the schedule line whose date is changed?

thanks in advance,

shan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SHAN,

The Product Availability Checking Concept in APO is similar to that of R3.

Only that the GLOBAL AVAILABILITY CHECK in APO includes additional features as Product Allocation, Product Availability, Check against forecast, Rules Based ATP, Multi ATP etc.

Now when do we get multiple schedule lines:

On the Requested Delivery Date, if there is no stock available for a material

the confirmation falls on those dates on which there is stock expected.

EXAMPLE:

<b>MDO4 Screen:</b>

Material: xxxx, Plant: yyy

May 21, 2007: Stock: 0

May 23, 2007: PurchaseOrder - 10

May 24, 2007: Production Order: 10

Now when you place a sales order with a requested delivery date of May21, 2007 for 20 quantity. ( Say the Transit time =0 and there are no other sales orders placed for this material/plant)

You will see the following schedule lines

May 21, 2007: Confirmed Qty = 0

May 23,2007: Confirmed Qty=10

<b>May 24,2007: Confirmed Qty=10</b>

However say you had all the stock on May 23, 2007, you would have got only 2 schedule lines as follows

May 21, 2007: Confirmed Qty = 0

May 23,2007: Confirmed Qty=20

Lets think why this happens: The availability check is done against the SCOPE OF CHECK( Business Event-A and Availability Checking Group =xx on the material master) at the line item so that it checks all the incoming and outgoing receipts and requirements for the material in that plant and then arrives at the MATERIAL AVAILABILITY DATE which is determined according to the Stock Availability

The first schedule line is the date which you have requested the 20 quantity and the system gives you a confirmed qty for 0 on the date which you requested.

Now the other schedule lines are the confirmed dates which the system has proposed based on availability check.

Now coming to your question: When I change the date on one of the schedule lines

Say in this example: the third line which is bold

So in a way you are changing the DELIVERY DATE,

When you change the delivery date, availability check happens again at the line item and new schedule lines are determined.

The answer to your question- " Then how to stop GATP not to check other schedule lines and check only the schedule line whose date is changed?" is a BIG NO as it is against the AVAILABILITY CHECK Concept both in R3 as well as APO.

However I would not totally decline as there is nothing which we cannot do in SAP. With customizing(ABAP CODING) anything is possible. It would not be very easy and would you be willing to spend so much time.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me.

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Thanks a lot for taking time to explain in detail. I do agree with you that the sales order behaves in this manner . Whenever we change any of the schedule lines for an item, it effects other schedule lines for the same item. Availability checks at ITEM level.

We use Product Allocation and ATP. This siuation happens due to the factory trying to play with schedule lines to meet their target each week. I think the following can be done with user exits;

1. Not to check availability and allocation within frozen period for a schedule line which is already confirmed ( period where changes to plan are not allowed)

2. Use BOP for the schedule line they want to change

Let me know if you have any more ideas.

I appreciate again your wonderful explanation,

shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shan,

Few Questions:

(1) I am quite surprised that you are using PRoduct Allocation concept and trying to change the sales order line item.

Allocations are released in advance. <b>The whole concept of allocation is to restrict the supply against demand</b>.

Instead of changing the schedule line, I would recommend to change the Allocation methods.

If this is a new implementation, then you could always recommend changes as with every new software implementation, many things change in a planning scenario and this HARD FACT has to be accepted by the planners.

Try to see If you can do your allocation at a more detailed CVC level

Say for example: Now the CVC at which you do allocation is Product+ PLant

Extend it so that you have: Product+ Plant+ Customer Group( Which is present on the Customer Master- Sales Area Data-Additional- You can give a same group value- WAL for say all the WALGREENS Customer and so on)

************************************************************************************

Could you explain what you mean here :

<i> I think the following can be done with user exits;

1. Not to check availability and allocation within frozen period for a schedule line which is already confirmed ( period where changes to plan are not allowed)</i>

<b>-If you change a schedule line, No matter what you do an availability check will happen and If you try to stop it, it gives a wrong picture.</b>

<i>2. Use BOP for the schedule line they want to change</i>

- <b>Back Order Processing is just a tool which again does the same two things- Product Allocation and Product Availability and looking at the allocation and availability picture, reschedules all the orders which were in the past to a future date.

I dont believe you can control just one schedule line.</b>

********************************************************************************

If you need any further help in this matter, contact me via my email- apkumar_2005@yahoo.com. Either you can call me or I can call you and we can discuss.

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

Message was edited by:

Kumar Ayyagari

Answers (0)