Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with MI Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

<b>Himanshu</b> here!

<b>We had successfully installed the Web Application Server upto SP 15 and it was functioning successfully till Thursday night.</b>.

<b>We have most of our test applications running successfully on it.</b>

However,we were prompted to <b>restart the machine</b> as it had not been done for a long time<b>.(in order to install Anti-virus updates).</b>

So, I <b>stopped all the instances in the SAP MMC console</b>(Microsoft Management Console) and <b>restarted the machine as prompted</b>.

This has <b>been done previously at least two-three times</b>,however on restaring the machine and launching SAP MMC ,we <b>were successfully able to view all the instances</b> and the Server was functioning successfully.

However, on repeating the same procedure on Thursday,we <b>failed to view any instances on the SAP MMC console.</b>

Moreover, we <b>tried restaring the SAP Instances through services.msc</b>,to which we

got the following error message.

<b>Cannot start the service. Logon failure.</b>

<b>Moreover, one of the SAP instances automatically got disabled.</b>

Could anyone please guide us on how to recover the instances and start the successful functioning of the MI Server?

<b>Please provide an urgent feedback, as work has come to a complete standstill</b>

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

satyendra_dhar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Please start your DB instance, this you can start by Control Panel---Service then instance nam...,

Please make it automatic start so you need not to manually start it after every restart of OS.

Hope this will solve the problem.

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Himanshu,

Normally when you restart the server(OS), the DB is shut down.

Please start the DB and then start the WebAS instance from SAP MMC.

regards

sunil

Note:a Stop/start in SAP MMC only stop/ start the instance and not the DB.however restart of OS shutsdown the DB which i feel is the cause here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himashu,

Also please check the following.

Check that created SAP accounts never expire

After the installation, check that created SAP accounts <sapsid>adm and SAPService<SID> have the option "Password never expires" selected in the user management. If this option is not selected, the installed system will not start anymore after 42 days have passed since the installation. In this case, SAP management console reports the error "The service did not start due to a logon failure" when trying to access the system. To fix the problem, you must set the option "Password never expires" for the SAP accounts.

Thanks

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

In connection to this, can you please tell me how do i uninstall SAP Management Console. I forgot the password i set, and unable to start it.

Regards

Divya

Message was edited by:

Divya Sarraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himashu,

Please refer to the link for enabling connection to J2EE engine.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/302e0b1e-d7a4-2910-d9ab-dfe500b8....

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Regards

Devendra