cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP server connection failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I was trying to create file in a legacy system with help of FTP server, request has not been reached to FTP server . I have provided details of FTP server which is running locally ( in my P.C) in Receiver File adapter. Please suggest me how can I make a connection between XI server and FTP server running locally?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out that ur local machine is accessible from PI machine.. else, it is prefer to create a directory in the PI server, and u can NFS the files into that directory.. to view those files u can ask ur BASIS to provide the Unix level access at the OS level..

Also make sure that IP address, user id , password etc is correct.

This blog may help u~

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Hope this helps

Regards,

Moorthy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Please suggest me how can I make a connection between XI server and FTP server running locally?

in the same way as with any other FTP

but you need to be sure that XI machine has access to your local computer

(ping your local computer from XI server)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal is absolutely right. or get a FTP server which is on the internet and then the XI server should be able to access that FTP server.