cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to increase the number of background processes, Plz guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently installed SAP NetWeaver 2004s ABAP Trial Version.

When I go to TCode RZ10 when I do Import Profiles of Active Servers, then in the Display Profile Check Log I get the following error message:

"Instance DVEBMGS00 for system NSP not configured"

I tried restarting the server, again doing the import but nothing helped.

I also did the whole install again but still the same error.

System works normal, but I want to increase the number of background process. Due to above I am unable to save the changes made in the instance profile.

Any tips on the above issue or workaround to increase the number of background processes.

Thanks,

sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the location c:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\profile and open the file NSP_DVEBMGS00_<hostname>.

Look for the parameter "<b>rdisp/wp_no_btc</b>" and set the value you want to have for the number of background processes. The decision is yours and it should be taken properly.

Then save the file and restart the system i mean the machine at OS level. Also in rz10 you should import all the profiles of the active servers.

it should work.

reward with suitable points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durariraj-- file you said exists

Mantosh-- your solution looks workable, but are there any adverse effects to it. I mean currently the number of background processes is set to 1. i want to set it to atleast 3.

can you please just brief me out worse outcome on it. i have a rough idea that this is related to memory but not a very clear picture. i would appreciate if you can throw some light worse effects if increase it to 3 from 1.

Thanks,

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

setting the number of background processes too high can make your system rather sluggish as there's less memory and processor time for the dialog processes.

Since you're using the trial it won't make too much of a difference, since you usually just 'hurt' yourself On production systems you set parameters to few background, many dialog processes during dialog processing an vice versa at night; with few and many depending on your system.

Btw, Mantosh's hint not just looks workable - it works

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter a bit confused about the second point,

<i>On production systems you set parameters to few background, many dialog processes during dialog processing an vice versa at night; with few and many depending on your system</i>.

Can you please elaborate...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

using TA RZ04 you may maintain operation modes and assign times to them.

As stated before, you usually have two modes - one for daytime (more dialog wp's) one for nighttime (more batch wp's).

How many processes in total you start depends on the power (SAPS) of your system.

On your trial system you don't have to worry about it, except you want to dig deep into system administration

Peter

--

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Thanks again for such a wonderful piece of knowledge.

But your answers also leave me with curiosity to go into depth.

Now as in for your second input <i>"start depends on the power (SAPS) of your system"</i>

Regards,

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

SAPS stands for "SAP Application Performance Standard", read <a href="http://www.sap.com/solutions/benchmark/measuring/index.epx">here</a>.

Peter

--

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you check whether the following file is there in your system

<INSTALL LOCATION PATH>.../NSP/SYS/profile/NSP_DVEBMGS00_<COMPUTERNAME>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please gothrough link..

Regads

Ben