cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to increase the number of background processes, Plz guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently installed SAP NetWeaver 2004s ABAP Trial Version.

When I go to TCode RZ10 when I do Import Profiles of Active Servers, then in the Display Profile Check Log I get the following error message:

"Instance DVEBMGS00 for system NSP not configured"

I tried restarting the server, again doing the import but nothing helped.

I also did the whole install again but still the same error.

System works normal, but I want to increase the number of background process. Due to above I am unable to save the changes made in the instance profile.

Any tips on the above issue or workaround to increase the number of background processes.

Thanks,

sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sam,

DId you run SE06 after installation of NSP, i mean post installayion such as CTS etc.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

subash,

no i havent. can you please walk me thru it or if possible can u give steps i need to carry out.

Thanks,

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to the application server using sapgui.

Then type the transaction se06.

You get an option perform post installation Actions.

Click on it. That's all.

I have also replied your question in the other forum where you have raised it, that will help you how to change the number of background proceses at OS level.

reward with good points.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tanuj

Typical problem man !! In which situations we get this error like DVEBMGS00 is not configured for XXX server. I never experienced it?

The solution changing at OS level is OK - beut turning back to root issue - why & when it happens ??

Rgds

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are unable to increase the work process at Application level, change the Number for the workprocess at OS level in the instance profile and restart the Application. It would solve the problem.

Award points if helpful.

Thanks,

Tanuj