Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Finding of rows in Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to VC and I have a few questions as followst:

1) Can we load a Table/Chart without having a Input form(submit button function)??

2)I have an Input form - 1 combo box(fiscal year/period) dynamic loading works fine.

3) Output table:- Loads all the data . My requirement is when I select a value in the combo box..it should find the record in my table??I tried using Find row/Select row...it wont work and more over all the values in the combo box disappear..

Can anybody help??

Thanks

Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

1) Yes you can, start point --> data service --> table/chart then the data is loaded when your iView will be load.

2) Question?

3) If you select one value in the combo box is this a unique value resp. is the combobox a keyvalue? - Then use another data service with search function, which returns your single record or if you have more values then it returns the result list.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcel,

Thats not a key field...I am just using it to populate all

the fiscper values..so when i select 1 fiscper from the combo..it should show only data for that fiscper..

anyways i will try it once again!.

Thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok it sounds like you are using a BI query. In this case you can use a filter value. Add a filter value to your query. Then you can pass the selected value of your dropdown as filter value into the query then the user gets the filtered records (for your table and chart). You can set a default value for your dropdown or fill dynamicly the dropdown with the possible values and select the first as default.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcel! That works fine.

Regds

Rao

Answers (0)