cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saplicense.exe downloadable.. !!URGENT!!

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed SAPNetWeaver04_SP16Preview. I want to get the SAP Sneak Preview and Mini SAP <a href="https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm">License Key</a>. To get the <b>hardware key</b>, i need to execute saplicense.exe -get for Java . I am not able to find <b>saplicense.exe</b> on my machine. Can someone tell, from where i can download the same.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Sorry about my earlier post, I don't have that particular test drive installed so assumed that it was an ABAP installation.

I don't know why saplicense.exe isn't in the \usr\sap directory tree as it's certainly there in the NW2004s Java Test drive under \usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386.

The other place that the hardware key should be available is via the Visual Administrator. Start the VA by running: -

<drive>:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\admin\go.bat

There should be a default profile selected and simply choose Connect. The UserID will be Administrator and enter the password that was specified during the installation or in the documentation.

Make sure the Cluster tab is selected and then navigate down through the tree using: -

Server -> Services -> Licensing Adapter

There should be two tabs General and Installed Licenses which show the existing system and license information, including the hardware key.

Let me know if that does the trick.

George M-A

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you just need to find out the hardware key, then please follow the steps below:

- Go to http://<hostname>:<portname>/index.html

- Click on the link/icon System Information

- Click on the system properties... that appears next to VM under server0 sub section of the server instance (e.g JC01)

- in the list look for jstartup.ownHardwareId. The value next to it is your hardware key.

Regards

Nilay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An alternative to this is to log into SAP and use the SLICENSE transaction. That should display the hardware key as well.

The slicense.exe file should be in the SAP kernel directory. Do a search under usr\sap\<SID> and that should fine the file for you.

George M-A

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello George,

I dont have SAP sys. i have just installed sneak preview. also i am not able to find the exe on my machine..i searched for it under c:\usr\.

Is there w way that u can send it to me or i can download it from net, i dont have marketplase/service.sap.com user/pass.

Thanks in Advance.