cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effectivity in ECR/ECO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one help me to resolve my query?

We are having ECR system developed for existing system and we have not utilized all the provided features of SAP 4.6C

Now we are going for SAP ECC6.0 where-in we ant to use effectivity parameter for controlling the change process

Can somebody tell me something more on effectivity type like what are famous effectivity parameters and how they can help a business in controlling change process.... n where all it effect after change will take place...?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<u>http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LOECH/LOECH_EFF.pdf</u>

Kamal, if your previous issue is solved then you can close this thread with your reward points for your helpful answers.

and can open the new thread for any more queries.

Rgd

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

When you process an object (such as a BOM item) using a particular change number for the first

time, the system generates a new processing status (change status).If your organization does not use parameter effectivity, these changes simply have time-related validity, which means that a change status's validity extends from its valid-from date to immediately before the validfrom date of the change status following.

However, if you do use parameter effectivity, you can also make a change status's validity dependent on other criteria, such as serial number or customer.

<b>For more details provide your email Id, so that i can send you the detailed document on working with Effectivity paramaters</b>.

Regards

Rehman

<b>Reward Your Points</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Is your issue solved, please let us know, if yes share with me please

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rehman,

I was wondering if you could send me the documentation on using effectivity parameters. My email address is subitm@hotmail.com.

I would highly appreciate this.

Regards,

Subit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rehman,

Would like to review the detail doc on the effectivity. Kindly send it across on

saplogster@gmail.com.

Tnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rehmanbhai,

Could you please send me the document too? My email is rahulsap@yahoo.com

Regards,

Rahul Patel

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

Rehmanbhai,

something wrong with the computer. Also note my updated mailid the other one is locked out. Please send it to rahulplm@yahoo.com

thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Definetly i will send it to a response of a new thread, so any one open a new thread seeking for a document.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have sent the document on "Working with parameter Effectivity" to all your Email ids

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

is your document "Working with parameter Effectivity" also treating link with sales and the realy planned pieces?

Actually I'm preparing some tests using the standard effectivity type SERNR.

I have generated different BOM "versions" and I'm able to get the good BOM version for each serial number via transaction CS12.

Now, after creating the sales order, running MRP and creating the production order I do not see how the right BOM version is pulled in dependence of the scheduled quantities.

Can any body explain to me how sales, MRP, and production orders are working together with BOMs managed with effectivity parameter SERNR?

Regards

Heijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

I need some more details on exactly where all parameter effectivity helps interms of managing change for BOM/Material etc

and when i am choosing Effectivity as Date system doesn't allow me to select material .... whats the reason behind that

My email id is itskamal82@gmail.com

can you send me doc on parameter effectivity

thanks

KAMAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi heijo

I may not be able to give fully satisfactory answer but this may help you in solving the problem

SAP gives two parameter effectivity one as DATE and other as SERIAL NO

apart from choosing parameter effectivity for change on material, you have link these changes with release key then assign them priorties and rank

after which system check the changes on material in following manner and decide the valid change

1) change with release key

2) change with higher priority

3) change with higher rank

after this process system assign change to material

When you are doing change wrt SERNO then system checks only release key and then change with higher rank gets implemented

according your other processes get effected

Rgds

KAMAL