where we have to creat this and where we have to configure this PoD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just to add :

Proof of delivery (POD) is an instrument involved in business processes in which an invoice is issued only after the customer has confirmed the delivery's arrival. In addition to the proof of delivery itself, you can also record the POD date, POD time, the actual quantity that arrived and the reason for possible differences in quantities. This is especially important for deliveries in which the delivery quantity varies because of the nature of the goods or for which the exact delivery quantity is unknown from the start.

You are now in a position to issue an accurate invoice based on the customer's confirmation of goods received. It is no longer necessary to create credit memos after the fact. The reasons for deviation that occur most often in "real world" scenarios such as stock shrinkage, theft, certain characteristics of goods (volatility, for example) and transportation damage are recorded and analyzed in the system. This analysis is especially valuable when you are negotiating with forwarding agents, vendors or customers, since all deviations can be reflected

Automatic Verification and Confirmation

The ship-to party transfers the proof of delivery to the SAP System via IDoc from another SAP System, an external system or via Internet. In this way, the quantities are verified for the delivery. Multiple verification is only possible if the outbound delivery has not yet been completely confirmed.

The current proof of delivery situation is reflected by the POD status: POD-relevant, Deviations reported or Confirmed. You can check the POD status at any time within delivery processing by using the status overview. The system does not make an entry in the document flow.

In most cases, there are no quantity deviations, meaning that the proof of delivery process does not create any additional work for you. This process enables automatic verification and confirmation via IDoc or Internet.

Manual Verification Processing

Manual processing of the verification is always necessary when deviations are reported by the ship-to party. In such a case, it is necessary to edit the POD confirmation.

When you process a POD manually, you can enter and analyze reported differences and deviation reasons in the SAP System. In this way, you can control the checks made and dictate when the POD is ready to be released for further processing.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

POD means proof of delivery.. once customer receieve the materail then only billing will be done through proof of delivery...in customer master you need to check in shipping tab page.. and POD will design by Transportation module..

Reward if it helps..

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

at the time of delivery only we send the invoice so what is the need of POD

and what is the difference between the bill and invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you dont require POD..

POD require only when customer insists billing will be done once he receives goods.. at that time we send delievry document along with truck... once he confirms the only (POD) we raise billing..

Billing is board concept, which invoice,cr.memo,debit memo etc.. includes billing...

Reward if it helps..

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

do u have a gmail id so that i can elaborate u the situation

actually in general process the invoice in our organization is sent with the delivery

and billing types which u are telling that i know very wel but in actual process as per u wen this things are coming u just tell me.

my id is subratpanda23@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. ramakrishna.pullikanti@gmail.com