cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Queries regarding Message Size in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have posted the same question before many times over but did not get a satisfactory reply.

I have many file to idoc scenarioes.

Now the file size is large .It is a CSV or a Tab-delimited file.

IT can grow upto 100 mb.

DEV has 4gb of RAM

QA and PRODUCTION have 16 GB of RAM

INTEL DUAL CORE PROCESSOR ON EACH box.

If I want to send a complete 60-100 mb file I run into "LOCK table overflow"

WE have increased the table size parameter on recieving CRM system.

recordset parameter is set for all interfaces from 500 to 5000.

Since I am not able to send a complete file I am breaking it into chunks and sending as I do not have much choice.

For certain interfaces where I am having large number of fields I am able to send only 2000 records per file for others about 14000 records per file.

In order to take care of errors like "LOCK table overflow " and to automate the process I have scheduled a report 'RSARFCEX".Otherwise I'll end up putting one file at a time and wait for it to get processed (i.e. create idocs with status 64 in the recieving system.) and this takes a long time.

I see here on sdn people are able to send a large file in one go.

Even if I try to split a file using xi ..multimapping..extended interface determination...the works et cetra ...It fails for a file of size 6mb.

That too after increasing the no. of work processes.

Besides tried to follow XI tunning parameters ...but there was no change in status-quo.Finally I am using an abap program in xi which is spillting the file (in a matter of few minutes) so that file adapter can pick it up .

I am surprised by xi system's performance .I am not using BPM .There is content conversion on sender side.

Would the experts on the forum please provide a solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know what was the information you were given before, but the file you are sending, if it is really 100mb, it should be able to be processed even with no chunking. The tricky thing is that maybe you think that it is 100mb whereas it can be much bigger, specially with CSV, and after the mappings. You should check the FAQ note for the file adapter, and again tuning guide AND XI troubleshooting guide. Additionally carry out a quicksizer check, it is for free and if you give the parameters you gave, you will get the information of the required size of the box for that kind of scenario.

Rgds,

Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepak

Did you check this weblog

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

and this related thread

regards

krishna

Message was edited by:

Krishnamoorthy Ramakrishnan