cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send CCMS alerts to HP Open View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My ops center has asked that we send our configured CCMS alerts to Open View. I have no idea how to do this. Does/can CCMS generate a log file of the alerts which can be picked up by Open View? Or, must we do this via an SNMP trap [or am I asking a redudant question!].

Any help on how to go about this would be most appreciated. The pressure is on!

Thanks

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,,

In oder to send a SAP alert message from SAP CCMS to HP OpenView console you need to install the product from HP called SAP SPI agent on the SAP server where your CCMS is configured. SPI agent is just a list of tranport requested that you need to import into your SAP CCMS, you also need to create a special userid and assign a special SAP roles to this user (these SAP roles delivery by the SPI agent transport request). If you don't own a license for the SAP SPI agent from HP you then just have to used the SAP SNPM trap technology. Check out this HP URL Link for the SAP SPI agent http://h71028.www7.hp.com/ERC/downloads/4AA0-0281ENW.pdf

Cheers,

John Hiep Vinh

former_member448882
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am in need to do the HP Openview Integration with SAP for Monitoring.

Can you please give the document for the configuring the same.

The link provided by you is not working.

<< Moderator message - Everyone's problem is important. But the answers in the forum are provided by volunteers. Please do not ask for help quickly. >>

Regards,

Satish

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jan 17, 2011 4:21 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John

One last thing - I guess my ops center is also telling me that OpenView can't do anything on ZLinux, and that the alerts have to be forwarded to another server. This shouldn't be a problem right? I can configure the traps to send to this other server [which Open View will then pick up on right?].

Jen

former_member554823
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per John update :

in last si this SNPM trap technolgy or

SNMP trap which technology is this please specify cleary

and link also.

Regards,

Vyash