Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA certificate missing in database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any idea about "CA certificate missing in database" message when importing CA certificate response.

Regards,

Gökhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gökhan,

Please check oss note 508307.

Regards.

Ruchit

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gökhan,

Please check oss note 508307.

Regards.

Ruchit

0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Besides 508307, I was also using 510007 and 695674.

695674 tells how to import CA root via keytool, which requires keystore password.

Do you know does it have the same effect if I try to import the CA's root certificate via STRUST -> Certificate -> Import?

Because evenif I try to import the CA's root certificate via STRUST, I'm still receiving the same message of "CA certificate missing in database" when trying to import CSR response.

Regards,

Gökhan

0 Kudos

STRUST is for the ABAP stack only.

You have to import the CA certificate in the "Trusted CA" list in the Key Storage Service first.

0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thanks for your contributions.

One of my colleague helped me with the solution of the problem.

I was getting the error when I was directly copying and pasting the csr response at transaction STRUST.

The tricky point was to import csr response after saving to a text file. But only .crt extension is allowed !

Wish all less buggy days,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gökhan,

in an ABAP system you first need to create an entry in table STRUSTCERT using SE16 in the customer namespace (like ZCUSTOMER) for category "CA".

Then you import the root CA certificate using Cerificate -> Import in trx STRUST and export it immediately to target "Database", category "root CA" and overwrite the entry created before.

Now your SAP system knows the new CA.

Best regards, Lutz

0 Kudos

I'm not trying to be ignorant, but how can I create an entry in STRUSTCERT in a customer namespace? I have tried adding my company CA to STRUSTCERT, but it still says that the issuer certificate is not in the database when I import a certificate request response from the CA.

If I attempt to load the CA cert by importing the local file and then exporting to the database, I receive a "Choose the key from the allowed namespace".

0 Kudos

Hi,

To include the CA certificate in the database, do the following.

1) Import the CA certificate from menu Certificate->Import

2) Press the "Export Certificate" Button (left from Add to Cert. List)

3) In the popup, select tab database and enter the requested data

No need to modify tables with SE16...

Regards,

Martijn

0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

Did you manage to solve you problem? I have a same problem with you, please let me know if you manage to solve it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

With certificates : database, add the company name, like MyCompany, with the letter of you custom namespace.

In our case this should be ZMyCompany, and category root CA.

0 Kudos

Thanks for example Ann. I was really trying to insert the certificate in Database and got stuck with

"Choose the key from the allowed namespace" tried various values but when i entered Zmycompany. it worked. it is no where mentioned in help.sdn.com

0 Kudos

go to strust --> first import Root CA and all intermediate CA's

from Menu ---> Certificate ---> Export select each cert of the above certs and in the popup select Database tab and provide a Trust Center and Description and select Root CA for root cert and Serv for Intermediate CA and Enter it will export cert to db automatically.

once you repeat the same for all Root CA and Inter CA import the CSR response.

Thanks

Venkatesh