Generic Sync: Object can not be deserilized / Multiple synchronization call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're 2 errors in Generic Sync app...

The FIRST is when the application initialize, we registry the RFC:

ZCR_RFC_GERENCIA_FILA rfc1 = ZCR_RFC_GERENCIA_FILA.getInstance();

InboundProcessorRegistry.getInstance().register(rfc1);

In Windows Desktop works perfectly (performance is excellent) with success. But, in Windows Mobile 2005, in the log appears the follow error:

[20070518 17:46:40:090] E [AppLog/MI/API/Services ] Object can not be deserilized because of Class Loader problems (root cause: persistence.genericsync.ZCR_RFC_GERENCIA_FILA [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException])

The error occours, but the app works without problem. But, we've a problem with performance and i don't know if the error above is the responsable... We were working in a network with 11 mbps, modified it to 54 mbps and the performance follows the same. The pocket is Symbol. The class is implementing java.io.Serializable and the version of CrEmE is CrEme327d_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB

And the SECOND problem is bellow:

[20070517 18:45:37:144] I [MI/Sync ] java.lang.RuntimeException: Multiple synchronization call

java.lang.RuntimeException: Multiple synchronization call

But, the process is being called only once and in some call to RFCs occour this error.

Any idea?

Regards,

Bruno

Message was edited by:

Bruno Ambrozio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

The ClassNotFoundException error that is logged in the trace is not a cause for worry. This is a bug in older version of JDK i.e in this case JDK 1.1.8 <a href="http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4634165">See here</a>. As you rightly mentioned this will not hamper the functioning of MI or the App running on MI. The performance problem you are facing is not due to this error but because you are using a Windows Mobile 2005 device. WM5 has some performance problems due to change in IO architecture and this is well known. Even the performance of MI on this device is degraded. Refer to note 968148. You can implement note 1009703 for faster page navigation in JSP Client.

Regarding the "Multiple synchronization call" error, can you tell me when exactly do you get this error?? Does this occur when you click sync button on Application page or sync button available in the MI framework itself?? If you are using the sync button within the app, then try adding the parameter MobileEngine.JSP.SerializeThreads=true in the MobileEngine.config and retry. This could solve the problem. If the problem occurs when you click sync button within framework, then can you tell me what SP the client is currently on? If you are SP lesser than SP19, then upgrading the client to SP19 or higher could resolve the problem.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks for your atention...

What i don't understand is why in my laptop the time of sync is between 1 and 3 seconds and in device is between 40 and 50 seconds...

The app in laptop and device access the MI Server by WLAN in other state... My laptop has 1.250MB, AMD 3200... and device has 64MB and processor PXA270-624MHz..

I know that the performance will not be the same, but the difference is very high... What do u think? Am i thinking correctly?

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno

The performance of MI on WM5.0 is quite slow but may be not as bad as you are currently experiencing. Have you applied the note i mentioned for page navigation???. Also depending on the SP you are currently using, i suggest you to upgrade to the following patches or higher. In these patches, there has been some performance improvements done on the MI Client which increases the client processing time. Probably you can upgrade to any of the following patch on the corresponding SP.

Note 1007111: Mobile Infrastructure 7.0 SPS11 Patch 01

Note 1025906: Mobile Infrastructure 7.0 SPS10 Patch 03

Note 1026187: Mobile Infrastructure 2.5 SP19 Patch 02

Note 1026186: Mobile Infrastructure 2.5 SP18 Patch 05

For SP20, the patch will be released in due course of time.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

I applied the note that you mentioned... But the problem is when the app sync with MI Server... The pages which don't do sync with MI Server, are with a good performance and better after that i applied the note.. We're in SP16...

I'll go to see with Basis to applied these notes and after i tell you the results.

Thanks for help, one more time.

Regards,

Bruno