cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dinamic change language at RCF Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people!

Do you have already found any problem with language in integration scenarios? We have many interfaces used by multi-language legacy applications... when an error is returned from abap programs (standard or not), the error message is always thrown in english because we always choose english as the language on the communication channel (to RFC adapter) and on the http ports (XI adapter). Is there a way to dynamically set the language?

Thanks!

roberti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not the alert text in question here. The problem is if you call an rfc/proxy with a user specifying English, the error messages returned will be in English.

We ran into this also and did not come up with a solution. I figure you would need separate comm channels and build your config directory ro route appropriately.

Time-zone is also a problem.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, precisely.

You can't decide dinamically the logon language on RFC receiver adapter, but there is a possible workaround.

You could achieve that with multiple receiver communication channels and routing in receiver or interface determination (you'd need to create multiple business systems to the same system, tho; or multiple interfaces for the same receiver interface).

Or, depending on the necessity of that requirement, if you find it worh it, you could create a custom RFC adapter. Shouldn't be very difficult, using JCo.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Tim, I think you've got it.

I thought about using different communication channels, but it seems not to be good solution... Other options we have found are:

-> handle the language at abap side (it is really hard-working, and would be done for each abap proxy)

-> do not use messages, use error codes, and handle it on the legacy side (it could solve the problems about errors, but not about information)

Henrique, we thought about multiple interfaces too... but it not seems to be a good solution either.

Any other tips, please, let me know!

thank you guys for your help.

roberti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, not aswered. Only closing the tread. As we could see, the only way of doing it would be creating a new RFC adapter.

Thanks all.

roberti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried creating a rule in the alert framework in which depending on the legacy system used one different language will be used?

regards,

jaime