cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy Vs IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are all the advantages ABAP Proxy has over an IDOC?

When to go for an ABAP Proxy?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Mainly Performance ..

When to use -- my take is .. when there is no custom idoc available we should always go for proxies instead of creating custom idocs..

Thanks,

Himadri

Message was edited by:

Himadri Chakraborty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Choose the Right Adapter to integrate with SAP systems

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himadri,

what did you mean with performance? what of those is better?

I think IDOC's are better for async scenarios... for sync scenarios we are using abap proxies.

regards

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>I think IDOC's are better for async scenarios... for sync scenarios we are using abap proxies.

U can't use IDOC's for sync scenarios either,so ur left with only two options RFC or ABAP proxies.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

<b>Proxy and Idoc:</b>

IDOC : After recieving the strucutred data It processes it using a Function Module associated with it. If you have a standard Idoc for your requirement then you should go with Idoc only.

Proxy : Proxy is a structure where there is no processing function module associated. You need to explicitly write the Business Logic/Call the subroutines here

This is my absolutely my view. Another guy has his own response. So first go through your requirements and then you can decide for what to go.

Also go through this urls which may help you:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

---Satish