cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TID generated outside of SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

we run into this issue and i wonder if anyone can help / suggest something. We used SAP BC to integrate SAP R/3 with other application via MQ. In order to trace MQ message all the way to SAP r/3 we were generating transaction id before submiting it to SAP BC and that transaction id was consistent end2end. We now switched to SAp XI and unable to use TID generated outside, SAP XI rejects it.

Any suggestions on how this can be done ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prateek. This actually explain the way to access message id in side XI. I'm looking for something different.

I would like to generate MSGID outside of SAP XI and looking for the way of SAP XI to accept and use this MSGID for that particulra message for the duration of the process. this way , I will have way to track Message in from sender application all the way to receiver application and also inside SAP XI.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

If you want to track the message using the payload then you have to install TREX. Else you have to go extend your search by creating a ZSXMB_MONI. Is this what you are looking for alexander?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Yu Satish. I'm not sure what TREX is. All I want is to have end to end tracking for data (well i want to continue to have that after moving to XI). For instance if we say I have application A , MQ Series Infrastructure M, SAP XI instance X and SAP R3 system S - then .

Application A generate message and include generated TID in the message header,

M delivers message and submit to X with TID provided by A, X delivers to S and i can always track all chanin by using single key - TID. Is this TREX allows to do it ? what is it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to create MSGID and passit on to SAP XI with the message. Currently SAP XI seems to generate MSGID internally .

prateek
Active Contributor