cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Creation In Returns Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We don't want anyone to create any bad batches in the system. We have achieved most of this by making sure that the batches are not created during the different movement types. The only issue we have open is with Returns Sales Order, Doc Type ZRE. In ZRE, people enter wrong batches for an item and the system just gives an information message that the batch doesn't exist and then system creates the batch. Most of the times, these batches are the bad batches which we don't want in the system. We want people to use the batches that are already created ONLY. Please suggest how can we achieve this ? How can we make sure that while creating a Returns Sales Order, people are NOT ALLOWED to create new batches and they are ONLY ALLOWED to enter already existing batch for an item.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

N K - check out SAP Notes 171646 and 187441. Are these helpful? There may be other related SAP Notes as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin. I solves my problem. I'm assigning you full pooints for this. Thanks again.

-NK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The batch no. is define for material through transaction MSC1N and during order creation or delivery creation you can enter batch which is define for a particular material.

Once you define a batch for a particular material and if you are entering other batch no. which is not define for a material the system will give an error.

Secondly you can also restrict the authorisation for Transaction MSC1N so that only a authorised person can define the batch for a material.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your reply.

I know the batch creation process and i do know that the Batches are created in MSC1N. This is not my issue. My issue is with the automatic creation of batches in Returns Order. The users are able to enter ANY batch while creating a Returns Order and we DON'T want this. The system doesn't give any error message even if the batch does not exist in , rather it gives and information message V4 294 " Batch 156479885 in plant 0010 does not exist ". After this information message , the user is able to save the Returns Order and the batch is created automatically in background. I'll appreciate if you can let me know how to make sure that whenever a new batch is entered in the Returns Order, system gives an error message and NOT an information message. I tried to make the change in transaction OVAH, but i didn't find message V4 294 there.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Whenever i create a sales order of ANY Doc Type OTHER than RE ( Returns ), and whenever i enter a batch for an item which is not created in MSC1N, system gives me an Error message V1 123 " Batch 165498435 in plant 0010 does not exist". BUT whenever i create a Returns Sales Order having Doc Type ZRE/RE, and enter a batch for an item which DOESN'T exist, system gives me an information message V4 294 "Batch 165498435 in plant 0010 does not exist " How can i make sure that i get the same ERROR message for any batch which doesn't exist in MSC1N/MSC2N.MSC3N for ZRE / RE ( Returns Order ).

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the same item category in both examples ie when you create the order using RE and ZRE?

Another option for you would be go to user exit.

MV45AFZZ under USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

here you can do a check for the batch and return the error message incase it doesnot match your requirements

reward points if it helps

regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Yes, all the details are exactly same in both the scenarios, the only difference is the Doc Type. The sold to, material, quantity etc remains the same but i just change the Doc type. You are right when you said that i can use a user exit, but i would like to figure out if i can achieve this by config.

Thanks.