cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many alerts taking too much system resources in the XI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been running Alerts in XI and looks like there are too many now. The alerts are stopped now from generation.

I can't even run the report RSALERTPROC successfully to delete the existing alerts from the system.

Anyone knows an alternative way to do this? Or what is the table name where the alerts are stored so that we can delete some entries.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a. If the "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" is checked for the Rule, we shall recieve only one alert mail for a particular error category. We have to confirm the Alerts by clicking complete in the Alert Inbox.

If we dont check this "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" , we will get all the alerts without being supressed.

b. Run the Report RSALERTPROC and delete all the alerts. Let me know the difficulty in running this report as you have mentioned...

c. Run the Report RSALERTTEST to display the Alert status.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In you integration engine configuration, in sxmb_adm you should check the specific configuration. Check what are all the trace levels you are using.

After going to specific configuration, click on the info button here to display the list of parameter values, depending on your requirement you can increase ordecrease the tracing levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, this is not to do with the trace levels. This is related to the system resources taken up by the XI alerts management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

use RSALERTDISP in SE38 to delete all the alerts

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry...I mistook ....

ALRTCATDEF go to this transcation code.Here you can define the alerts.