cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while compiling Business Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am getting the following error when compiling BP.

The scenario is picking up a file and calling a synchronous RFC and the response back from RFC is sent to a file.

Activation of the change list canceled Check result for Integration Process IP_RTP | urn:sap.com:RTPTest: Expression must return the interface type Z_EA_SC_CREATE_LOCL Exception SystemError will not be caught Exception SystemError will not be caught Exception SystemError will not be caught Expression must return the interface type Z_EA_SC_CREATE_LOCL Exception will not be caught Exception SystemError will not be caught

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to catch the SystemError in your Sync-Send Step.

Assign a exception in your Block and set it into the Sync-Send Step. Then set a Exception Branch with a new send step to catch your exception.

Regards,

Robin

Message was edited by: Robin Schroeder

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it looks like a problem with the sync send step

but can you tell the exact steps you did for creating the sync step ?

- what kind of <b>message interfaces</b> for the rfc call are there?

there should be 3:

a)one sync-abstract in which you specify the bapi and bapi response

b)two async-abstract one for bapi and one for bapi response

Remember(from <i>help.sap.com</i>):

"The container element type for the request message must be the same as the outbound message interface of the synchronous interface. The container element type used to receive the reply message must be the same as the inbound message interface of the synchronous interface"

BTW

are you using any exceptions(system errors)?

if so have you tried removing them?

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Yes, I did create 3 MI's, one for Synchronous BAPI Req/Resp, One for BAPI Req and the other for BAPI Resp.

I have a receive step, followed by transformation step, wherein the file structure is mapped to BAPI Req structure. Followed by this, I have the send step, wherein I am calling the Synchronous RFC by sending the request and getting the response in the container object. Then I have a transform step, where I am transforming the BAPI Resp structure to a file structure and sending to XI. Then I have a Inbound/Async step to send the file out from XI. When I am trying to compile the Business Process (BP), am getting the error "Expression must return the interface type <NAME OF THE RFC>"

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

then maybe the "target message" in your transformation

does not have a correct value (interface)

check if your interface mapping that you use in

your BPM use the bapi.response and that you're giving a correct container interface variable in the target message of the transformation step

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the solution for this problem?? I am saving the same error in BPM for Transformation step in Target message. Same BPM is implemented for another interface.

Please provide the solution found for this error...I greatly appreciate

Thanks

Thilothama

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

I solved mine.

I was having same problem and in my case it was happening due to software component version dependency. I have 3 SCVs and my BPM sits in scv2, Both my target and source Abstract Service Interfaces sits in SCV1 and SCV3. So, to fix it I went in my OM (SCV2) and made sure my source and target and SI_Abstracts are from BASIS OBJECTS in SCV2 and not from SCV1 and SCV3.