cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning users to alert profiles in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

I am trying to understand the relationship between users and alert profiles.

There is (a) transaction /SAPAPO/SDPALPR to assign users to alert profiles and there is (b) the assignment of alert monitor settings as 'favourites' in the alert monitor.

How does one use (a) and (b) in a sensible way?

Thanks, Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

In transaction /SAPAPO/SDPALPR you can assign one alert profile per type (SDP used in DP and SNP) per planning area. So basically each user is assigned to one alert profile only. This will be the profile in Interactive Demand Planning where you can switch on the alert profile (comes at the bottom of screen below the keyfigures).

On the other hand you can access Alerts in the stand-alone Alert Monitor. There the user can have favorites which determine the functional area for which sees alerts (like DP SNP or Forecast or PPDS etc.).

So if your end-user is going to use Alert Monitor only through Interactive Demand / Supply Planning go for option A. But if he will use the Alert Monitor (Txn /SAPAPO/ AMON1) then go for option B.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somanath,

What if the same user needs one alert profile for DP Area and other alert profile for SNP Area? I try to assign two lines for the same user in /SAPAPO/SDPALPR but at the end, when I check in Planning Areas, is only taking the same profile for DP and SNP. ¿Is that possible?

Many thanks,

Albert

Answers (0)