cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping an installation step on WAS 6.40 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear colleagues . I am installing the Database Instance of a WAS 6.40 with Oracle, but instead of a Standard Installation I used the option to copy the database from another system (this will be my quality system and I am copying the production database). On the post installation steps the installer runs a script called run_control.sql that tries to create the controlfiles , but I would like to jump this step as I have already created this controlfiles when I made the SID change of the database.

I am trying to modify the keydb.xml file on my installation directory , the section where checks if this run_controlfile is ok (actually it is marked [ERROR] and I change it for [OK]) , but the installer overrides my changes . How could I force this change? Is this keydb.xml the file that controls the installation steps or it is a different file?

Thanks in Advance for your help

Jose Luis Valverde

Spain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I already found the answer, I post it here in case anyone needs to use it.

To jump a step on the installation of a WAS 6.40 you have to stop the sapinst and launch it again with this parameter:

/sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true

But be advised that doing this could make you loose the sap support on the installation