cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Configuration b/w XI3.0 and BI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to push the data from XI3.0 to BI7.0, Can any one help me how and what configurations are to be done in both XI3.0 and BI7.0.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

check the following links.. it may helps you..

/people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/16/xi-bi-integration

/people/sergio.locatelli2/blog/2006/10/15/integration-sap-bi-and-xi-a-critical-point-of-view

/people/marian.harris/blog/2005/06/23/need-to-get-a-sap-netweaver-component-implemented-quickly-try-sap-best-practices

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/08/business-case-integration-need-of-bi-and-sap-xi-episode1

/people/ginger.gatling/blog/2005/12/02/innovative-ways-to-use-alerts

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/access-netweaver-how-to-guides-from-one-consolidated-page

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/14/business-case-integration-need-of-bi-and-sap-xi-episode2

Cheers..

Vasu

• reward points if found useful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

There are alot of things to be done:

a. Create the WebService Datasource in BW

b. Create an InfoPackage on the WebService DataSource

c. Create a Real-Time DTP

d. Set up the proxy according to the HowTo guide

e. Assign a Daemon to the InfoPackage

f. Assign the DTP to the Daemon

Now here it starts becommong interesting. The InfoPackage has a setting to close the request after 1 hour is passed, this doesn't happen no matter what you do. The Request will close after 100k records, and honestly...that is not Real-Time using a push from XI if you ask me...

As for the Daemon, it can be set to gather info from the Delta Queue every minute, but will not close the request once it has the data, but is dependant on the InfoPackage setting that says that it will close after 100k records, because as said, the 1 hr option is NOT working. This is apparantly fixed in Service Release 14.

So for the Grand Finale, you need to use some of your ABAP skills that you've accumulated over the past years and write 2 small little programs that call 2 different function modules which does the following:

a. It stops the Daemon - this automatically closes the request and the data

is then automatically uploaded via the DTP to the data target which

is normally a DSO seeing that a Cube cannot be used as a Data Target in

a Real-Time Scenario. VERY NB!!!! - YOU MUST ACTIVATE THE

DSO BEFORE you can load data via the Daemon again.

b. The other function module will then start the Daemon again.

Daemon beheviour - or as i call it Demon behaviour after the struggle - is simple in the fact that once the Daemon is active it generates an empty request that lies and waits for data. Once the Daemon is closed it releases that request. If you restart it, it will generate a new request.

Just a last note... you have to put the whole load process in a process chain...

The procedure is as follows:

1. Stop the Daemon

2. Activate the ODS

3. Start the Daemon

4. Upload any other Data Targets from the ODS

Casper

Message was edited by:

Casper Hendrik Badenhorst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

Check the following Weblog