cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of data type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all.

i just need to create data type at sender side.

i.e my sender side file is

HEADER|2201227|IRELAND

10004565|234.44

14583839|348.00

19030397|554.58

17464638|200.00

TRAILER|4|13000

can anybody tell me how to create.

waiting for u r reswponse.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should create data type as rightly said by Michal Krawczyk

header segment with 2 fields

line with 2 fields

and trailer with 2 fields

in addition in the sender Communication channel message protocol you should set File content converion

and do enter in the parameters .. hi see this weblog for the file content conversion

<a>/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

thanks

Ramamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema ,

I think in your data structure you have one occurance of header record, multiple occurance of detail record and one occurance of trailer record . If this is correct then please create following structure in Integration directory . You have three substrcutures in your data type . Let us name them as Header, Detail and Trailer . Create header record with occurance 0..1 . Detail with occurance 0..99 , Trailer with occurance 0..1

< Data Type >

< Header >

<element1>

<element2>

<element3>

</Header >

<Detail>

<element1>

<element2>

</Detail>

<Trailer>

<element1>

<element2>

</Trailer>

</Data Type>

Thanks ,

Suvarna

Please award points if it helps .

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks suvarna for u r excellent answer

and if checking is not matched with trailer info i need to set flag as N otherwisw Y and i need to map this field to bapi.

how we can do this.

iam waiting for u r answer.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema ,

Can be please little more clear on your questions .

Thanks ,

Suvarna

PS : award points of answer helps you .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suvarna

my question is after creating data type i have to check bady records with trailer total and sum of each account amount with trailer amount.

if both r match i have to setg fllag field with 'Y' and map to recievr bapi field otherwise 'N'.

can u explain me how we can do it.

waiting for u r answer.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You will have to write UDF(User defined function) which you should call while mapping the first node .

In that UDF you do the summation of records and summation of amount field and compare that with the total record count and total sum from trailer and then set the flags accordingly .

If you find my answer useful then award the points , it will motivate me to answer your queries further .

Thanks & Regards,

Suvarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank suvarna.

but my doubt is how we will declare data type i.e header segment ,detal segment,footer segment i.e we have to assign header to attribute or element or subelement and with what type we will assign like xsd.string r xsd.integer etc.

waiting for u r response.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suvarna .

iam very thankful the way u answered but can u just send me the code of UDF please and tell me where and how to create UDF please.

waiting for u r answer.

regards.

seeta ram.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>i just need to create data type at sender side.

you need:

header segment with 2 fields

line with 2 fields

and trailer with 2 fields

this is how your data type should look like

I hope this answers your question completely

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>