how to send emails from sap to private networks like santosh@yahoo.com

plz give me step by step procedure.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you need configure the settings through SAPConnect.

• Activate SMTP and go to transaction sicf.

• Right click in SAP connect and select activate SMTP host.

• Configure smtp and go to transaction Scot.

• Double click in the SMTP node of INT.

• Select "node in use".

• In SMTP connection enter the smtp address of your company (i.e., smtp.company.com) and the mail port (usually 25).

• Click the SET Internet button and put * as the address (you can make some restrictions here, i.e., *.company.com).

• Click OK.

• Select settings. The default is domain.

You also need to be sure to have the RSCONN01 report scheduled to run periodically (i.e., every 15 minutes). This report is responsible to deliver the SAP connect objects.

You have to create a service user for processing incoming mails in every SAP system client in which you want to receive mails (or status notifications). Call transaction SU01 to create a user with type Service and assign the profile S_A.SCON to this user.

Every user that is to receive e-mails in an SAP system requires an Internet mail address. This is also used as a sender address. Enter the Internet mail address for a user in transaction SU01, under E-Mail on the tab page Address.

Also contact your Email administrator and get the ports opened for the port 25

aAter going through the above procedure go to transcation SBWP and there click on new message and give the recipient as santosh@yahoo.com and recip.type as internet and click on send message.

Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi munagala

you are gr8 , thanks a lot. keep helping people.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Munagala:

Can you tell me where do i activate SMTP?

Thanks & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transcation SICF, right click on SAP CONNECT and there you will find the option to activate the SMTP host.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i configure as above-steps, i can send message into the same domain email address.

But i cannot send email to different domain (ex : yahoo).

Please give some adv,

Thank

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open a new thread, this thread is closed.

regards

Juan

Answers (0)