cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peculiar SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Community

I recently installed one of many BI NW2004s with ABAP + JAVA stacks, have an issue with SLD. The system is on SP 9. Perhaps I have overlooked something ?

Configured the SLD to its fullest, leaving no stone unturned, indeed SLDCHECK is showing all green, data bridges are actively sending information (both ABAP and JAVA) to the SLD, SLD is in running state. Can manually log into SLD no problem and can access SLD from PI.

However when I login into the Web Content Administrator, the Create JCo connection buttons are inactive, only Check SLD button is active, when I press this and then press test the SLD connection, it gives a red error line a the bottom of the page, can't remember the exact wording but somewhere along the lines of 'Connection to SLD could not be established'.

Further tested the CIM Client via VA using service DEPLOY, I get an error there aswell. Although all relevant Application Services are running in VA.

Have done trouble shooting following the SAP published magic flowchart, no luck there as everything is YES.

Any fresh thought you can offer ?

Cheers, Zapp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zapp

You will have to set the HTTP parameters for connecting J2EE engine with SLD in the visual admin at: server->Services->SLD Data Supplier (HTTP settings tab). Usual settings are:

Host = J2EE engine host

Port = 50000

User = Administrator

Password = Administrator-password

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input Krishna.

Indeed this has been set, without it the JAVA bridge would not be able to send its data to SLD, which it is currently doing as mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zapp,

I think there is a problem in your SLD config

Also, check the post installation steps as below

There is a Post Installation guide for SLD. That will be available in the Help section of the SLD. You can use that as a reference.

However there are certain standard steps that you need to follow for configuring the SLD.

1. Make the object server settings in the SLD Administration. Start the server.

2. Import the content. There are two files that need to be imported those are CIM.zip and CR_Content.zip. This is using the Import link in the SLD Administration.

4. Create a technical system in SLD. This is under Home -> Technical Landscape -> New Technical system.

3. Log in to Visual Administrator. Under Server Services SLD Data Supplier click on the CIM Client Settings and give the server name user and password there.

Then you can go ahead and create the JCO Connections.

Also, check the following PDF Guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/sap%2...

regards

krishna

Answers (0)