cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand priority in PP/DS heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My question is about the demand priority in PP/DS. Do planning/scheduling heuristics consider demand priority?

I want to design a planning process as follows:

Forecast consumption strategy 20 (planning with final assembly)

Capacity of the assembly line per week: 16

<u><b>Week1 demand:</b></u>

Product A: forecast:10 pc and sales order:6 pc

Product B: forecast:6 pc and sales order:9 pc

In this situation I want APO to create a plan as follows:

Week1: 7 pc A (6 for for sales order and 1 for forecast) and 9 pc B (all for sales order)

Week2: 3 pc A (all for forecast) no B

(the aim is, firstly to use sales orders to create plan, if the capacity is not filled than use forecast.)

Which planning/scheduling heuristics should I use for this? As far as I know, forecast has the lowest demand priority, so if I put a high priority for sales orders, then the sales orders will be higher priority than forecast. Is there any scheduling heuristic, except "schedule sequence manually", that will give me the result I want in this scenario? Because, "schedule sequence manually" is a heuristic that can be used interactively. I want to find a way to create this plan in the planning run (transaction: /SAPAPO/CDPSB0).

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

<i><b>Ergul</b></i>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ergul

Have a doubt about the example

your demand adds up to 31 and your production is 19

What happens to the forecast of 6 of product B. Also in week 2 why are you making 3 pc A instead of 9pc A left from the forecast?

also what happens when new sales orders come in ? are the forecast based plans replaced?

(Do you get your forecast from DP?)

Just a suggestion but what you can do is

1. Delete all forecast in SNP

2. Plan for Sales orders. Make sure they are fixed

3. Release forecast

4. Plan so that it fills remaining capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Firstly, the forecast consumption strategy for the example is 20 (planning with final assembly). Forecast will be consumed when new sales orders come in. In this case net requirement for A is 10 (4 unconsumed forecast, 6 sales order), net requirement for B is 9 (all forecast consumed, sales order 9). Total net requirement is 19. That is why production is 19.

Forecast comes from DP.

Can we do your suggestion in PP/DS instead of SNP? I mean deleting forecast, then planning for sales order...

Thanks,

<i><b>Ergul</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to do the same in PPDS

Its only the order category in live cache that matters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the change Priority heuristic in planning run

Also check the new heuristic Extend backward heurisic in DS board. This heuristic also considers the priorities during scheduling

Hope this helps

regards

Vijay