cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration techniques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know about data migration techniques and how we can best use MDM while migrating old version of R/3 to new version of R/3....

I have implemented SAP MDM in cases where we have number of SAP R/3 instances across different region and we were taking data from different R/3 one by one and doing data stan'zation,consolidation, Harmonization and all... I am not talking about all this...

There was a good explanation from <b>Markus Ganser</b> about <b>Duplicate data and identical data</b>... I know all this..but my question is when I have <b>only one SAP R/3</b> and I still want to implement MDM solution while migrating my old R/3 instance to new one, How can I proceed in this scenario? What is the data migration technique...

I know the common answer will be to use MDM as a middle ware..take Master data from old instance and after consolidation, send it back to new instance and at the same time send tran'data directly to new version... But is this worth doing this? Is there any other approach?

If there is any document on this or any one have idea about data migration techniques while implementing MDM solution than send me documents on ronnie.gajjar@gmail.com........

In short, I am looking for below 3 points while doing migration along with SAP MDM

<b><b>Data Migration techniques</b>

<b>Prerequisites</b>

<b>Methodology in this kind of scenario</b>

Step by step procedure</b>

cheers,

R.n

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

here i am sending u the link for complete Data Migration Life Cycle

<a href="http://www.redwoodsystems.co.uk/dataMWhitePaper.html#links">http://www.redwoodsystems.co.uk/dataMWhitePaper.html#links</a>

hope it might be of any use to u

thank you & reward points if useful

Message was edited by:

Dasari Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ronnie,

I have sent you two documents, one is techniques & approaches for migrating the data, other is Trillium & SAP which again suites to your scenario.

Regards

Rehman

<b>Reward with Points if Useful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks R.K. for quick reply, will check the doc and reward points accordingly

I am not closing the thread to get more and more response from other experts..