cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message cannot be transferred to node SMTP due to connection error (final)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have done SMTP configuration on CRM 5.0, but the e-mail is not being send to servers (yahoo, gmail, rediff, .....etc). I followed the documentation of SAP note 455140 to configure SMTP/SAP Connect.

One thing i would like to tell you is, our Mail server is in US, we are accessing our mails only through internet provider. Now i want to send mails from my SAP CRM 5.0 server to outside mail servers (such as yahoo, gmail, rediffmail,.....etc).

Now, can anyone please tell me how to configure in T.code SCOT and what values such as Mail host address and Mail port address should be given in the corresponding fields and also the parameter values also.

Thanks in advance

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Check the following:

1) From your SAP server, telnet yourmailserver 25

when you re connected

helo test

mail from:<yourmail@companydomain.com>

rcpt to:<yourmail@yahoo.com>

data

mail test

after that you will see a message from your mail server.If you have a "permision denied or relay denied" you need to talk with your mail admin, in order to allow relay to those domains.

2) If the test 1 works fine, you need to change your mails settings in the SCOT transaction, here double click on your mail node, and you will see which domains can send emails from SAP.

Hope this help you !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also please coordinate with your email administrator and check for the firewall settings for the ports of SMTP.

Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

You need to get configuration done at the level of exchange server as well. Contact the administrator of exchannge server for that.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check the following configuration?

Transaction smicm

click on services

check SMTP service

If it is not active please active the service ...

Test:

you can delete SMTP service .... create new service SMTP ...

let me know the detail...

Regards

Ben