cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a simple ABAP Engine Licence available ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all !

After many tests, showrooms and procedures, I am convinced that WAS is the solution I need to pilot some of my SAP R/3 processes.

Now, I am wonderign which installation I could choose. My customer actually works on a 4.5C R/3 version and did not planned to upgrade to 4.7.

My only economic solution is to implement a second SAP server based upon WAS 6.20 in order to generate BSP applications that will control SAP Objects via RFC and Master Data via ALE/IDOCS.

I am trying an demo version called "ABAP Engine 6.20" that is able to do exactly what I want. So my question is:

Is there a SAP product that only licences an ABAP 6.20 Engine (a kind of R/3 BC without any modules)?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Kind regards.

Sebastien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The MiniWAS 6.20 for Windows or 6.40 ABAP/Java for Linux, you can find both in the SAP Shop.

Check out this weblog for the 6.20:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/08/mini-me-of-was-620-the-saga-continues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graig,

I am afraid my question was not sharp enough.

I do not want to create showrooms ore basic things based upon the Miniwas 6.20 that I already have.

What I would like to do is to install and manage a real server for real situations.

Do you think I can have a prodution licence upon a WAS Kernell without installing a complete SAP product ?

Tell me if I am still not precise (I am French and sometimes I hardly find the right terms)

Kind regards.

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah I see, for real productive use you can order a WebAS 6.20 or 6.40 license without other SAP modules on it. You just have to talk to SAP sales folks. Check out www.sap.com for sales and license contacts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahhhh, here is an answer I enjoy reading !

Thank you very much Craig.

Kind regards.

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a problem!

Answers (0)