cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need to setup traditional ABAP Transport Management System on XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was confused that do we need to setup ABAP transport Management System on XI, since the IR and ID object will use CMS or File to transport between DEV->QAS->PRD. If we still need, could you pls let me know why we need it?

one more question is: if we maintained some parameter in XI dev, say, we maintained Integration Server patameter to let system can moniter Syn message, if we want this paramter used in XI QAS, is that the only way to maintain it mannully in QAS, or we have other way to make it? thank you for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>one more question is: if we maintained some parameter in XI dev, say, we maintained Integration Server patameter to let system can moniter Syn message, if we want this paramter used in XI QAS, is that the only way to maintain it mannully in QAS, or we have other way to make it? thank you for your help</i>

If you are referring to the Inetgration Engine Configuration parameters , you need to set these manually in every environment as per requirement.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zhang,

You are absolutely correct. You transport all your ID and IR objects using CMS or File transports.

But lets suppose you have developed some zprograms or abap mapping in XI. This basically reside on the ABAP stack. So for this objects to transport we will follow the procedure what we do normally to transporting the R3 objects. So what ever you develop on the ABAP stack we need to transport to QA and to Prod using ABAP transport system.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we use the ABAP stack in XI for any other purpose like configuration of Solution manager or we might need to configure traditional transport management system.Just for Inetgration repository and integration directory in the JAVA stack configuration of CMS is enough.