cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to do transport from one system (BAM) to another (TE2). I have created TE2 as my domain controller and distributed to BAM. The dir_trans and transdir are defined as
adlab19\sapmnt\trans\ in both system.

But when I do check transport group, I got the following error.

System TE2 cannot read test file written by BAM

Message no. XT667

Diagnosis

The configuration of the Transport Management System has the two systems BAM and TE2 in the same transport group. This means that the two systems access a common transport directory.

When the system checked the transport groups, it discovered that system TE2 cannot read a test file written by system BAM to the transport directory. The return code of the action was 0008

Procedure

Check the configuration of the systems BAM and TE2.

The trans folder and all sub folders in both systems have access to <SID>ADM and SAPSERVICE<SID> users. Could anyone help me on this?

Also, if anyone could give me the step by step instructions to do the transport?

Keep in mind that both systems are two different servers but they are in same network.

Regards,

Sundar.

Pages: 1 Back to Thread List

Threads: [ Previous | Next ]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sundar

Are all systems using the same transport directory? Can you please

check the following note:

117395 Authorization problems for file I/O on Windows NT

Please also ensure under 'System Overview' that all systems within

the domain have been assigned to the same transport group (assuming

of course that they each share a common transport directory).

Don't forget to reward SDN points.

Thanks

Kenny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Be sure that the users <sid>adm and SAPService<SID> of the other system exists on the host where the trans dir is.

For Example:

To systems TST, PRO. PRO is the domain controller, global trans dir is defined on host of TST. So the user proadm and SAPServicePRO has to exist on host of TST.

Also check if transport tool works correctly (in transaction SPAM).

Hope this helps a little bit.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport works fine in case of DD objects but not for ABAP objects.

Does the user TSMADM need to have abap developer key? I included the authorization S_A.DEVELOP to the TSMADM profile. Since I am trying to transport ABAP objects, like RFC function module, custom programs etc..

Also, I noticed this user exists only on the client 000, if I want to transport to a different client say 800, do I have to create this user manually - how and what is the password and other details?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI,

Hi,

The issue is closed. All I did, clean up everything , deleting the transport queues, old jobs, entries from trbat and trobj tables. I tried again, it worked. Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Sundar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar

You have two systems in your landscape.

1. Make one of these two systems as your Domain controller.Usually in a production environment highly available production erver will be the domain controller.

2. Share the usr/sap/trans folder to all the domains in the landscape.

3.Login as ddic in system1.Go to STMS.----Add the other system in the landscape.

4.Configure transport route.

5.Go to system2. Login as ddic. Go to STMS and accept the sys 1 as the domain controller.

6.For example create a role or profile in pfcg in sys1.Transport it from sys1. Relaease it.

7.Login to sys2. Go to stms_import and import it.

For every stage do a consistency check in the STMS.

Is this helpful to you?Need any more info?

--subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, I did exactly as per your steps. The problem is not solved. More over, when I do export, the export files are writteen into the BAM(system1) trans folders. But I have defined TE2(sytem2) as domain controller and TE2's trans folders are trans directory. I was expecting the data and co files will be wriiten to TE2(system2) trans folder instead of BAM's trans folder, which is not happening.

I can live without automation for time being. My primary issue, I couldn't transport function group, function module to system2 from system1. But, I could trasport successfully, all the data dictionary objects (all are custom) have been transported to system2 from system1, ofcourse by copying the export files to import folder of system2.

If you or anyone can tell me, what is the probelm of importing the function module? OR where could I find any logs in the import.

The import monitor shows the following,

last activity ---

target client 800

maximum return code : 0000 - tp running

start of action imp single

In the previous import, after the 3rd line, I have 'Distribution of DD objects for ALL finished with return code 0;.

I am expecting something like this when I try to import function modules also. Thanks,

Regards,

Sundar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sundra,

What do you mean by export files? Do you mean dada files an co files?

Also please dole check that transport directory is proprrly shared a d both BAMADM and TE2ADM have read write access to it and its sub folders.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is still not solve. I need to transport the RFC function module and the function group.

At this point, I can live with copying manullay to system2 trans folders from system1 trans folders. But could someone tell me why the RFC is not imported to system2 eventhough it is exported/ released succssfully from system1.

Regards,

Sundar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Guys, I didn't hear from anyone. I don't have any other option except recreate the RFC in the new system, which I would like to avoid at any cost. Please let me know, if I am doing anything wrong in my steps. It supposed to be pretty straight forward, but in SAP, you couldn't take anything granted. Thanks guys,

Regards,

Sundar.