cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start JSPM on linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to upgrade Netweave 2004s sp9 to sp11, it is on linux plateform, I loged the server user <SID>adm, when i run the go script, it hanged at " Waiting for SDTServer to connect to hostname xxxxxxxx socket 6240" , anyone met the problems and how to resolve it , thanks a lot

BTW, I user the VNC to connect to the Linux

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As replied by other colleagues:

1.Either your port is busy:

Reason: Beacuse you have run JSPM more than once.

Solution: Kill the process

Command: ps -ef|grep ./go

Kill -9 processID

2.Display variable not set: Do as usha has suggested

Also make sure ur engine is up and running.Rest what ur doing is absolutely right.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all, i have found a SAP realse to resolve this . SAP Notes 1013976, thank you all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an FYI, while 1013976 is correct, the answer is now greatly simplified. After you start the go script and see Waiting for SDTServer to connect to hostname xxxxxxxx socket 6240, run the StartGUI script in the same directory. You may have to make the script executable first. Run the StartGUI script by typing ./StartGUI, and it should work.

I don't know if this is an issue with the go script pointing to StartGui.bat instead of the shell script or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start JSPM,you should login to the linux system with <b>sidadm</b> user.

for ex:if ur SID is J2E,then login with <b>j2eadm</b> and password is <b>administrator password.</b>

2.After logging in ,check if <b>Xclock</b> is working.

Type <b>xclock</b>,then clock should be displayed.

if not,you should set Xclock.

set xclock with command <b>SETENV DISPLAY IPadress:0.0</b>3.if it is working,then go to /usr/sap/SID/Jcxx/j2ee/JSPM.

execute ./go

it will work.

rewrad points if helpful..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one more thing you should ensure the port is not busy. I don't think this should be the case coz you didn't get any such message.

regards again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the link i have mentioned you can get it in service market place. It will tell you that there should be enough space under the directory where you are having the JSPM.

Atleast 4-5 times the total size of the sca files you are trying to update.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are doing the right thing. But follow the link

Java Support Package Manager - SAP NetWeaver 2004s SPS09

This should help you. Ensure the disk space requirements are fullfilled.

regards and do reward with points.