Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different options for message mapping in BPM

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i m in the learning phase of BPM and am kinda confused with the different ways we can do message mapping in a BPM scenario.

first of all we can do message mapping before BPM,we can also do after BPM and lastly we can do inside BPM(ofcurse this is not recommended as its too resource consuming)

i have bene through starters blog on BPM by Krishna moorthy and Arpit seth,and now am wondering how to use the mapping in diff. ways

suppose i m doing a simple File to File with BPM(just for practise purpose)

now here is what i have designed in IR

DT_sender_File DT_receiver_File

MT_sender_File MT_receiver_File

MI_Outbound_sender(async,outbound), MI_Inbound_receiver(async,inbound)

AI_sender(abstract,async) AI_receiver(abstract,async)

MM_File_File(using MT_sender_File and MT_receiver_File)

now i want to clear some doubts about interface mapping.my understanding is

if i do interface mapping between MI_Outbound_sender and AI_receiver,this will be interface mapping before BPM.

if i do interface mapping between AI_sender and MI_Inbound_receiver,this will be interafce mapping after BPM

and if i do interface mapping between AI_sender and AI_receiver then it will be mapping inside BPM.

is my understanding correct?if yes,then does that means we can we any of the above mapping in our scenario.(if we dont consider the performance issue as of now)

thanx

saif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey

thanx ,now when i look at the Abstract sync message interface in /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit ,he has used the user defined request and response message type.

cant i used the BAPI_request and BAPI_response to create the same abstract sync interface?

thanx

saif

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

U can use BAPI_request and BAPI_response for the purpose.

No problem at all.

<i>[Reward points if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx

points rewarded

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

<i>

is my understanding correct?</i>

Yes, thts correct

<i>if yes,then does that means we can we any of the above mapping in our scenario</i>

Of course, u can use any of them (overlooking the performance issue)

Regards,

Prateek