cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encryption Scenario for a Proxy to File Scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where an outbound proxy from R/3 system is extracting some hr related info type data and sending it to XI system. The XI system is required to convert the data into a flat file format and encrypt the data using PGP.

<b>R/3 -

Proxy -

> XI System -

File Encrypted----

> External System.</b>

Need some inputs from experts how to set up the scenario. In the file adapter we can trigger scripts at the O/S level to encrypt the file.

What I would like to know what the configurations that are required to get the scenario working namely,

1. Where do we need to install the PGP software is it on the FTP server or XI server ?

2. How will the scripts be executed by the Receiver File adapter ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil

Here is some info on PGP/XI

<<<<1. Where do we need to install the PGP software is it on the FTP server or XI server ?

<i>

XI server</i>

Also go thru the following excerpt

XI dont support PGP encryption and decryption. I have done some interfaces using PGP encryption at OS level and then using XI. Install the software in XI and write the OS command for encryption and decryption at OS level. Call this command in File adapter after or before message processing.

PGP Encryption:

We get the normal text file from R3. Then we have written two XI interfaces here. My first interface will pick from R3 and encrypts the file and drops it in another location of R3. In this interface I have given OS command before message processing. This will pick the file and do the encryption.

My second interface will pick the encrypted file from R3 and do a simple FTP to the Bank.

This is exactly opposite for decrypting the file from Bank.

<i>Thanks 2 Satish Reddy</i>

Regards

krishna

<i>Note:Reward points if helpful</i>