cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encryption Scenario for a Proxy to File Scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where an outbound proxy from R/3 system is extracting some hr related info type data and sending it to XI system. The XI system is required to convert the data into a flat file format and encrypt the data using PGP.

<b>R/3 -

Proxy -

> XI System -

File Encrypted----

> External System.</b>

Need some inputs from experts how to set up the scenario. In the file adapter we can trigger scripts at the O/S level to encrypt the file.

What I would like to know what the configurations that are required to get the scenario working namely,

1. Where do we need to install the PGP software is it on the FTP server or XI server ?

2. How will the scripts be executed by the Receiver File adapter ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1. Where do we need to install the PGP software is it on the FTP server or XI server ?

on XI server

>>>>2. How will the scripts be executed by the Receiver File adapter ?

two ways:

os command from file adapter

adapter module for file adapter

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can tell me what kind of script is that we are referring. In unix we use shell script to get the jobs done. But for windows can you provide me an example, with a bit of example code which I can ponder on.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.. I will work on them.. and send you an update on that.

We also need to know that if the XI server is running on windows environment. Can we create scripts and get it executed from the O/S Level or then we have to implement JAVA Mapping for it.

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it works Indranil. You can create the script even on windows. That should be fine.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two options here:

a) If you want to use the unix script on windows then you need cygwin. Take the shell executable and cygwin.dll and copy them to another machine and try out.

b) Else you write an .exe or a batch file where you will give your PGP command to encrypt and decrypt and execute it from the OS level in your adapter. Check my answer in this thread:

---Satish