cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI3 & BI7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please assist.

I'm using a web service data source and populating BI via XI. Once the load comes into BW, the monitor request changes to yellow status. This process never closes as it should even though on the Info Package has been set to close itself after 1 hour. This is very frustrating and if anyone can help me it would be worth losts of points...

Does anyone now how to fix this, or if possible anyone who has done an XI 3 to BI 7 landscape integration sucessfully.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a last note... you have to put the whole load process in a process chain...

The procedure is as follows:

1. Stop the Daemon

2. Activate the ODS

3. Start the Daemon

4. Upload any other Data Targets from the ODS

Ciao,

Casper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Few questions though...R/3 to BI via SAP??????? Why on earth would you want to do that? BI has its own extractor - SAP Connect - Which does this for you...

Oh and by the way, i did solve the whole solution end to end to Integrate XI 3 to BI 7 and just to inform all those out there, it's NOT as straight forward as the HowTo guides indicate.

There are alot of things to be done:

a. Create the WebService Datasource in BW

b. Create an InfoPackage on the WebService DataSource

c. Create a Real-Time DTP

d. Set up the proxy according to the HowTo guide

e. Assign a Daemon to the InfoPackage

f. Assign the DTP to the Daemon

Now here it starts becommong interesting. The InfoPackage has a setting to close the request after 1 hour is passed, this doesn't happen no matter what you do. The Request will close after 100k records, and honestly...that is not Real-Time using a push from XI if you ask me...

As for the Daemon, it can be set to gather info from the Delta Queue every minute, but will not close the request once it has the data, but is dependant on the InfoPackage setting that says that it will close after 100k records, because as said, the 1 hr option is NOT working. This is apparantly fixed in Service Release 14.

So for the Grand Finale, you need to use some of your ABAP skills that you've accumulated over the past years and write 2 small little programs that call 2 different function modules which does the following:

a. It stops the Daemon - this automatically closes the request and the data

is then automatically uploaded via the DTP to the data target which

is normally a DSO seeing that a Cube cannot be used as a Data Target in

a Real-Time Scenario. VERY NB!!!! - YOU MUST ACTIVATE THE

DSO BEFORE you can load data via the Daemon again.

b. The other function module will then start the Daemon again.

Daemon beheviour - or as i call it Demon behaviour after the struggle - is simple in the fact that once the Daemon is active it generates an empty request that lies and waits for data. Once the Daemon is closed it releases that request. If you restart it, it will generate a new request.

Just a pitty i am not allowed to score myself...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam trying to pull the data from R/3 into BI7.0 using XI3.0. Can you tell me the configuration required to connect BI 7.0 with XI and R/3 with XI. Can you share your knowledge on this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i appreciate the help. Let me give you some more information as i'm reflecting on my original post it is too vague.

XI is interfacing with a Web Service via Proxy into BI 7. A daemon has been assigned to the InfoPackage to take care of the Delta load that arrives in BW. This Daemon also has a DTP (Real-Time) assigned to it so that it will upload the data into the data target ONLY once the Daemon has stopped processing.

Once the daemon stops processing the request changes from yellow to green and then the process chain can take care of the rest.

The problem is: The InfoPackage is not stopping closing the daemon after the set time (1 HR) automatically and this means that the process keeps on running for hours and i think it would for days...lol. Anyhow, i need a way to stop the daemon and start it again through ABAP or something and i need sample code if possible seeing that on the ABAP side i'm a novice...

Please, if anyone have ideas...

Caz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the following weblog

/people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/16/xi-bi-integration

Regards

krishna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos