Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP and MBA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am an graduate and want to purse MBA.

I am very interested to have a career in SAP....

Can u plz advice me in choosing the right option for choosing an option in SAP after completing my MBA (any option)

To b simple ....

1.Irrespective of choosing any option in MBA.....What are the modules so that i can choose from in SAP?

[For an MBA (any option)what are the modules in SAP to choose from]

2.Secondly what option(s) in MBA will b helpful to land in SAP?

Plzz gurus.... help me...

Thanks and Regards,

Malti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malti,

Selecting a Functional Module is all based on your interest and your educational backgroud. What was ur subject in Graduation?

I will say you that first go thru the introduction of all the SAP modules and come up with your own conclusion taht which one you liked mosta dn where you would like to go after having the info about modules. Search on SDN/Google for SAP Functional modules, to have a short introduction you can check this link:

http://www.sapfans.com/sapfans/sapfmod.htm

Now coming to ur mentioned questions:

>> 1.Irrespective of choosing any option in MBA.....What are the modules so that i can choose from in SAP?

Diff modules are: SD, MM, PP, PM, SEM, FI ,CO, HE and few others.

>> 2.Secondly what option(s) in MBA will b helpful to land in SAP?

If you pursue MBA in Finance then it will help you in getting a job for FICO.

MBA in HR will help to select function module of SAP-HR.

More you will come to know after having a research on different modules.

P.S. Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Subhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks a lot.

Will u plz let me know ...Which Module is hottest and continue be in future so that i can choose after my MBA.

Thanks and regards,

Malti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each module of SAP is divided according to the requirement and each has subsequent advantage associated with it. There is no such hierarchy as hottest SAP modules. As per my knowledge SD, FI/CO, HR are leading ahead in the market.

One suggestion Malti, do not go by its demand in the market. First find out ur interest in particular module, also check out where ur studied course material can apply best and go accordingly.

Regards,

Subhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for ur replies...

Regards,

Malti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there is no MBA in Sales, or Warehouse management, or in producing the bank slips.

MBA is a STRATEGIC knowledge.

If you want to go for a particular SAP module, you don't need your MBA grade.

If, anyway, you got the grade (and you got your guts), then GO FOR STRATEGIC modules, like I described before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend you going for Strategic Enterprise Management (SEM), especially SEM-CPM (balanced scorecards), SEM-BCS (consolidation) and Integrated Planning.

Of course, MBA options that would help you are:

- Finance and accounting

- Budgeting

- Planning and forecasting

- Strategic management

Best regards,

Eugene