cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with ALE

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to go live with our XI / ICH implementation and are getting the following error

<b>Unable to convert sender service to an ALE logical system</b>

Can someone point me to where I can fix this?

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

there are two things you need to check

1. compare with SLD (for technical system name) in SLD

2. you can also put another business system in <b>sender system</b>

field of your receiver agreement

both approaches described in:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, for the information that worked but has produced another problem. Here is the next error I am getting:

<b>Error: DB Tab RFCDES: Could not determine code page with ECQ</b>

Thanks for your help!

Mike

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Do the following,

1. Change in SM39 --> parameters Language “EN, Under Special Options -> RFC Bit Options

Make sure that “Use Found Communication Code Page” has a check mark.

2. If yours is a unicode system, check the OSS notes 784381.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

SM39 only takes me to SM37, and I don't see those options there. Is there somewhere else I can look?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did find what you mentioned in SM59, I put the check mark where you mentioned but it did not change anything. We are not a unicode system. I also checked our DEV environment and it worked without the check in the box you mentioned.

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal

did you solve the issue ?

if not,

Check the RFC destination name in Rx communication channel.Check if it is the same RFC destination that has been set up

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

ur business system/logical system name is wrong in SLD,its not pointinf to correct R/3

have a look at this

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried what was in the link and for some reason none of my information is showing up for me to pull from the SLD. The fields are blank. How can I get them in there? I tried the compare with System Landscape button but it does not return any values.

Thanks

Mike