cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File - "Not authorized to file" Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured a communication channel to pick a file form R/3 system. We have created an FTP user for this. We are getting "Not authorized to file" error in adapter monitoring. I came to know that the FTP user needs R3OWNER authority. Does the FTP user really needs the R3OWNER authority or is there any other way to pick the file from the R/3 system ?

Regards,

Sreenivas Nettem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreenivas,

The error states that you are not authorised to pick the file. I think the userid what you are using doesnot have enough rights? Can you check once agian by clicking Read only option in the communication channel.

Also if you are trying to DELETE the file using delete option in communicaiton channel just change to test and retest your scenario once again.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I tried both the options still no luck... The problem is with the FTP user id authorization Do we need to give R3OWNER authority to the user ??

Please reply

Thanks,

Sreenivas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure, but make sure that this user id has Read / Write / Execute access on the folder in which the Files are placed. this would be sufficient.

Also, as you are dealing with FTP you need a Unix user id for the FTP user

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nettem,

One more option is since R3 and XI is in your environment you can make it as NFS. Do the sharing between these two. Then you dont need the FTPuser id and pwd.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks your relply Satish... this solved my problem. I never tried with the option File System(NFS). Can you please tell me when to got for NFS and when to go for FTP ?

Thanks,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nettem,

If the client has no problem within the organisation to share the files then we will go for NFS. If you send the files outside your organisation then we will do the FTP. NFS is nothing but network file sharing.

Sometimes even with in the organisation also client dont want to give file sharing. Then you will go for FTP. Hope this gives you some idea on these two.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

In our case, XI dev and R/3 dev systems are installed in the same server. I assume that this is the reason why XI is able to pick the file.

Whereas XI and R/3 production systems are installed in two different servers then in that case NFS option may not work right ? Then, how can I go about this.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nettem,

Thats fine. It will work. Only thing is ask your basis guys to do File sharing even in production also. I have done the same in few of my projects with various clients.

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

With all of the options available to you, why are you using a file adaper to connect with an R/3 system ? I agree with suggestion above about authority. You should be able to change permissions on the directory to allow the user to do pretty much anything in that directory w/o having authority to rest of file system.