cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the history on field USER when logging on to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When logging on to SAP, there is a dropdown-box with latest entries connected to the field USER. This list presents an security risk, when a user by accident types in his password in this field.

Can anyone give be a clue, on how to clear the history or prevent it from being shown ??

Thanks in advance

/Gregers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Gregers,

it is possible to disable the history for an input field by pressing Ctrl+Right Mouse Button Click on the field. Then you get a context menu in which you can select whether or not you want the history. This needs to be done by every NT user.

Another feature that was added some months ago is that you can delete entries from the history field by pressing DEL on the entry in the dropdown list.

So if you entered your password by accident into the user field, at least you can remove it from the list again.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Great, thanks for the tip. The Ctrl+RightClick doesn't work on my windows 2000 - I suppose you need XP, but the solution with deleting only the unwanted entries, solves my problem.

Best regards

Gregers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Deleting unwanted entries from the list helped solve my problem too. Although Ctrl + Right click didn't work on Windows XP as well.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jayashree

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Set History Status OFF on Local Data-History on SAP GUI Options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming the PC is running Windows, is the PC running a shared NT ID, or does each user log into the PC with their own ID? The history file is kept in the users's profile with a default install, so unless you are are logging into the PC with a single ID, there is no security concern.

I never found a way to disable history only on certain fields. You can diable all history in the options portion of the GUI. I think the loss of functionality caused by disabling the local history is far worse than the security threat.