cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2E startup problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just installed the J2E full trial on a laptop that already has a NSP instance installed.I get a Half Green/ Half Yellow icon in the MMC when I start the J2E server.The 01 instance is always yellow and never progresses onto green. I have a process status of 'starting framework'.

Also,I get a "page not found" when I try http://localhost:50100 (could be because the server is not yet started).I have not installed the Adobe forms credential yet .

The NSP starts well and I can sign on.

Has anyone got a pointer for me? Am I missing a license or something ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is due to many reasons,

do the fillowing steps

1.from your MMC stop all the instances

2.Stop the database

3.check your log files and clear all your logs.

4.Restart the machin/server

Now manually start the instances and database, the instances will start without any problem.If u still have any problem do mention wheather your central instance or java instance is facing the problem.

<b>Award suitable points*</b>

Regards,

C

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The J2EE node still shows "some processes running" (it begins to start the process and goes back to this state ) and is yellow.

I am not very familiar,how do I manually start each of them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check in all the nodes of instance,if

message server,enqeue server and jcontrol are up and running.

2.In the process list,right click on server node and open the developer trace and look for the error messages it is showing.

3.Try connecting to DB .if you able to conect,look if logs are full.remove old logs which are not necessary.

4.check if environment variables JAVA_HOME and path set properly.

5.look for other logs in

c:/usr/sap/SID/JCxx/j2ee/server0/log/default.trace

and /usr/sap/SID/JCxx/work----->dev_log*(all logs with server node).

You will definitely get an hint of error.

after doing teh changes ,restart the instance,it will work.

reward points if helpful........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a variety of reasons that could cause this issue. Did you search the forum? I had the same problem a while ago and was able to find an answer based on the error log file(s).

GS