cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload in BSP Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions that may help us solve a problem we are having with uploads from bsp pages in our BW system. There has been some problems with getting files larger than 1MB to properly upload to the system. They were originally uploading 10MB files but are now trying 4MB files and they fail to upload. The error message that they are getting back is an error from the SAP web dispatcher saying that the transaction timed out after 900 seconds. The parameter for that port is: "PROT=HTTP,PORT=8000,TIMEOUT=60,PROCTIMEOUT=900". We have the same timeout and proctimeout for the ABAP system and for the web dispatcher.

The general thought around here is to increase the proctimeout parameter to say 1800 and double the proctimeout parameter. I have concerns about doing this due to the fact that it could negatively effect performace in an already busy system. Does anyone know of any other parameters besides this that could effect the upload performance? I know that they are performing calculations on these files while they are being uploaded as well, which I think it is a bad idea however I am not a developer so I can't really recommend.

Is it possible that the size of the ICM cache could be an issue, since the attachment is temporarily uploaded to the icm cache?

I have some concerns about increasing the proctimeout parameter, any suggestions anyone might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Read following documentation about Timeout Options for ICM and Web Dispatcher,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7b/72092aaa1342c5a3af7ce0b9a11ff9/frameset.htm

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shawn,

I would suggest to check this :

PROCTIME 900 is is low in my opinion. Your concerns on increasing the parameter are correct on an extent but as of now you have a very less value and can be increased.

Regards.

Ruchit.