cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to learn CATT and eCATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one help me in knowing the scope of CATT and eCATT. The advantages , the way it need to be used.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to learn CATT & ECATT. Can someone send PPT's and word file to my email id for CATT,ECATT topics.

My email id is anirban.bit@gmail.com

Full points will awarded to the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like Ben mentioned training is sparse in North America... You can contact your SAP rep and they can point you to a few SAP consultants that can help. The guide that Ben gave you is a great resource for basic ecatt knowledge.

eCATT and CATT are similiar... except that eCATT is more advanced that CATT. It can handle ENJOY transactions, BAPI, function modules, etc.

If you want to setup it up on your system check out SAP note 519858. This will guide you thru the setup.

Charlene

Message was edited by: Charlene Pierpoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Charlene, can you pls email me docs (step-by-step guides CATT and eCATT) which you were takling about ?? My email id is mehta1p@gmail.com.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlene, We are in the process of upgrading to MySAP-ERP 6.40 and I noticed that you cannot create catts anymore. I started using ecatt in 6.20 a little but never migrated over completely. I'm a little lost now because it has been a while. If you wouldn't mind sending me a copy of your step by step procedure that would be great!! My email is jzacchio@verizon.net Thanks in advance Joe

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charlene

Can I also jump on the bandwagon and request a copy of the docmentation?

Thanks

Ian

(ianstubbings@hotmail.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlene,

I am just trying to use ecatt. Your documentation "step-by-step guides CATT and eCATT" would be very interesting for me.

Would it be possible for you to sent it to adress email : slasol@nomade.fr

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian, I see that you are a UK SAP person. Is your site using or about to use ECATT/CATT? My company is also interested and are looking for a UK site to share experience, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CATT eCATT is a great tool for creating automated tests in SAP and I know of many people that also use the tool for batch jobs. eCATT uses a record and playback method thats allows your to record your actions in SAP and then parameterize values, add logic and then replay them. As far as training I'm in the same boat with you Nagaraju. Our company is also looking for some form of eCATT training or consultation but these types of resources seem to be sparse in North America. The eCATT online documentation is going to be your greatest resource, here is the link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/aa/1d493b5cdf6716e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Just remember, if you are using verison 6.20 of the Web Application Server instead of version 6.40 you will not be able to use some of the features described in this documentation however much has remained the same between versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

how far did you get with your SAP account manager looking for eCATT consulting/training? There are some resources in Europe that may be able to help - mail me (first name dot last name at sap dot com) to discuss that privately if you like.