cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of an object is included in a transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have one doubt regarding the transport requests and the object versions included in it.

We've found in one development that there are differences between the development system and the productive system and all the transport requests, which include this object, have been transported to production.

The transport requests were transported in the following sequence:

Order number Date Time

1. D01K904477 29.03.2007 17:41:52

2. D01K904511 30.03.2007 17:21:54

3. D01K904425 30.03.2007 17:51:36

The last order transported contains a previous version of the object.

From my own experience in other projects I'm not sure whether the transport system it's well configured or not. I have the idea that the transport requests always include the last version of the object transported. Probably, it depends on the transport routes... But I'm not sure.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

When you add object to a transport you copy the ACTIVE version of the object regardless if its the latest one.

Hope that help

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Juan.

This is clear. But my doubt is not solved yet.

I'm referring to the versions included in an older transport request.

In our system If we transport a previous transport request to production, the latest version of the object is overwritten.

E.g.:

TR 1 Date: 01/01/2007 (DD/MM/YYYY) First version of the program

TR 2 Date: 01/03/2007 (DD/MM/YYYY) Second version of the program

1. We transport TR 1 to production.

2. We transport TR 2 to production. We have the last version of the program in production.

3. If we create transport request TR 3 and we include the object in this TR, this TR will include the active version of the object.

4. If we transport TR 1 to production, latest version is overwritten. <b><<<< This happens in our system.</b>

We don't know if this is happenning due to the transport routes configuration.

Thanks in advance.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if TR1, TR2 and TR3 are reaching production in the right order.... i dont understand why you need to transport TR1 again? is this happen automatically?? if it is, you need indeed to review your transport routes..

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't happen automatically.

We don't need to transport TR 1 again but If someone by mistake (As it was our case) transports the TR's in an incorrect order we have in production an incorrect version.

Can it be possible to configure the transport system in other way?

I'm not an expert in transport routes but I remember that in other projects the TR's were transported from development to consolidation and development to production (With an automatic workflow program) and this situation never took place.

Any documentation or link about transport routes/management would be very helpful.

Thank you very much Juan.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

If the transport went in in the incorrect order just create a new transport in development  and overwrite the changes...

The following link will show you how to configure transport routes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b4a09a7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b4a1df7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Juan

Answers (0)