cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA LOAD TO ODS FAILED BECAUSE OF WP ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to load data of around 3 lakh records from one ODS to another having a lot of ABAP involved in the Start routine and update routines which access three other ODSs for data( used hashed tables to read the ODS data ). The data load for smaller volumes works fine.

WHen i checked the process overview , i saw that there was error telling that the work process has ternminated abnormally once. Also , the time indicates a large figure.Both error and time are highlighted in red. Can u please tell me whether this problem can be solved by changes in ABAP or the solution lies in the hands of BASIS people.

When i contacted the BASIS team, they told me that this could be a problem because there is a sequential search going on. There is no proper index maintained for the tables. Is there any way by whichj we could create indexes ?

Message was edited by:

Shweta BHASKARAN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can turn on sql trace in st05 while the process is running, and display trace and do explain the sql after to see the execution plan and if index needed, if index needed, go to se11 and create it.

Thanks,

George