cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP/RFC session has been deleted following timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

we are using BW system SAP NetWeaver 2004s and we experience unexpected time-outs of sessions.

In system log on PRD there are a lot of entries like:

17:10:39 DIA 001 401 USER01 R2 G HTTP/RFC session has been deleted following timeout

and tracefile of workprocess shows:

M Wed May 16 17:10:39 2007

M ***LOG R2G=> ThPlgTimeout, Timeout () [thxxplg.c 5380]

After that, when user is trying to sign on the message appears:

User USR01 is already logged on in client 000

So it seems like session is hanging.

We already disabled parameter rdisp/keepalive, but it didn’t help.

Disconnections appear randomly, not after exact time. We have also DEV and QAS, both of them are without disconnections and parameters seem to be the same.

I appreciate every help or advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Slavomir,

Check the following parameter,

icm/server_port_0

Values should be something like this...

PROT=HTTP,PORT=80$$,TIMEOUT=480,PROCTIMEOUT=480

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

This parameter looks like:

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=80$$,TIMEOUT=60, PROCTIMEOUT=3600

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Slamovir,

After a certain period of inactivity user connections with backend are automatically snapped of.Also this happens in case of time outs.

You dont need to worry about this unless you have a scenario wher in a user is working and while he is working he gets disconnected without any reason.Is this thing happening?

Also check :

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

thanks for your quick response, but we are in the situation as you said.

Users are working and they gets disconnected without any reason.

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Slamovir,

Then this is a problem.

You meantion you have disabled icm/keepalive_timeout. I didnot get how you disabled it.

We had a an issue in processing purchase orders in our SRM system for POs with large number of line items. We were getting dumps and session used to get terminated.In that scenario I increased the value of the profile parameters to much higher value and the issue got solved.

The parameter suggested by Juan can also be used but icm/keepalive_timeout will be a better bet in my opinion.Infact if PROCTIME is not defined then the value in icm/keepalive_timeout takes care of that as well. I would suggest increasing the value of the parameter and then restarting the server and check again. It can be iterative so you may increase the value couple of times. But may be if you increase the value sufficiently in the first place then you might be able to get over the situation.

Please try this out. Also please check this:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7b/72092aaa1342c5a3af7ce0b9a11ff9/content.htm

Please award points if issue got solved.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

Our Bw users are getting the same problem. In our server, following parameter has been defined in profile:

icm/server_port_0: PROT=HTTP,PORT=8042,EXTBIND=1,TIMEOUT=3600

icm/server_port_1: PROT=SMTP,PORT=1025,EXTBIND=1,TIMEOUT=3600

icm/keep_alive_timeout:900

rdisp/plugin_auto_logout:7200

But stil, we are getting "HTTP/RFC session has been deleted following timeout" error.

Any more suggestions to fix it?

Best Regards

Amarjit