cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Message Type in Distribution Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to add a message type to a Distribution view(TCODE BD64). I am doing this on the R3 side. So it is asking for Message Type and it looks like I can't just type anything in there. Actually I am just trying to implement the starter kit mentioned by Arpit Seth(/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit). File to RFC scenario. as simple as that. For that I am using RFC BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL. Now tell what message type I need to use

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia

For this scenario the ALE configurations are not required, when you are using IDOC's, you have to go for the ALE configurations.

Srikanth

Ash_ok
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi !

Normally BD64 goes into 'Display' mode. Could you check if you are in 'Display' or 'Change' mode ?

Cheers,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally BD64 goes into 'Display' mode. Could you check if you are in 'Display' or 'Change' mode ?

Yes it is in change mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

If you are in change mode.

Then you need to create a model first.

Once you create the model you can add Message Type, you need to specify the sender & receiver.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>I am trying to add a message type to a Distribution view(TCODE BD64). I am doing this on the R3 side. So it is asking for Message Type and it looks like I can't just type anything in there.</i>

This is not required for your scenario ie File-RFC-File.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I suppose I don't need to create a partner profile as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Then I suppose I don't need to create a partner profile as well.</i> You need not create\add entries parner profiles in RFC scenarios.Parner profile Information is useful when you are working with IDOCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

no need of message type , distribution model , partner profile all are related to IDoc scenario..only..

not for RFC .. if you dont ave connection between XI and R3 then you need to create the connectoin between these , but i hope this one already could be established..

so try to do as per refered blog..

let me know exact error

Regards

Chilla